10 (𝘚𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝)

I don't know how I reached my apartment. Once inside the building's parking lot, I realize I've been speeding down the lanes. The entire ride didn't register in my brain.

Because, of course, the ever-consuming tornado named Gracie Stewart has re-entered my life, just when everything had finally started working out smoothly and turning normal.

A few pointers from my talk with William kept ping-ponging inside my head.

Gracie getting pregnant with that bastard's child. Gracie becoming my sister-in-law. And at last, William dismissing the idea of swapping me with his stupid son in the marriage part of the contract because I would never agree to it. But maybe I would have agreed-

Christ, why am I even sparing a thought on these things?

None of my business. Whatever Gracie does, has nothing to do with me and it does not affect me the slightest.

It doesn't.

It shouldn't.

Then why the fuck is it?

I groan and throw my head back into the seat, squeezing my eyes shut.

I hate you so much, Gracie.

I can't let her marry Kristian. No, I have to stop it, but how? William is dead set on this contract... maybe if I tell her William has plans for her company, she'll back out?

I sigh, taking off my glasses and rubbing my face. If I know Gracie an epsilon, she'll outright, without a heartbeat's hesitation, refuse and dismiss me.

Can't she see she'll be ruining her life though?

I suppose she doesn't care. And neither should I.

Fidgeting with my glasses I stare at what once was a white wall and now is a light shade of grey.

Not only does her presence mess with my peace of mind, I know she'll try to bankrupt William when the time comes; I'd hate for Saff to lose this lifestyle.

On top of that, Julia will probably leave too if William loses the company. And I have to act like the responsible older son and help out William rebuild his empire. I roll my eyes at the term.

No. Too much. That's just plainly too much for me to handle.

Gracie Stewart must not enter the Wright family under any circumstances.

I rub my temple with my index and middle fingers already a headache building its way up.

There has to be a way.

I open the door of the car, grabbing my bag from the passenger seat before climbing out, and shutting the door with one hand. I put my glasses back on and roll my shoulders back.

As I make my way to the elevator, I ponder over my options.

Of course, I have the petty option, telling William some parts of the truth, such as half of the money Gracie started her work with was technically mine, maybe even more. I never got down to the calculating part, all I wanted was to just wipe her out of my life as soon as humanly possible.

I step inside the elevator and hit the button with the number sixteen on it.

As the door slides shut, the second idea resurfaces in my head.

Talking Kristian out of this shitshow. It's worth a try, even though it's highly unlikely but maybe I'll be able to open his eyes to the madness he's giving in to.