21

For the sole purpose of irking and making Spencer uncomfortable, instead of choosing something simple, I opt for a slippery silk violet robe after stepping out of the shower. I ensure the neckline is plunging, showing more cleavage than needed.

I don't know why I'm doing this. Maybe I just want to get some sort of reaction out of him.

Or maybe I just want to push his buttons enough to force him to admit he feels something except pure hatred.

I have a third guess too, which seems more likely than the other motives. Since he's been wholeheartedly busy making everything harder for me, might as well repay the courtesy. If he's a complication for me, I have to be a problem for him too... just in a different, fun, way.

Whatever the reason, I fluff my dried hair, spray perfume on my neck and other pulse points, and saunter out of the small bathroom.

Spencer is already sitting on the sofa, his focus glued to his phone, while the first two buttons of his shirt are undone.

The sound of closing the bathroom door draws his attention to me. His gaze darkens as it travels from my head to toe, at first quickly, but for the second time around slow enough to make my insides burn with desire.

I play unaffected, gathering my hair over on one side of my shoulder, purposely letting my fingers slowly drag down my neck. He clears his throat, shifting in his spot, and looks away.

I bite my bottom lip to hide my smirk as I sit on the bed and cross my legs. "Can you please bring my food for me?"

His head whirls to me and he opens his mouth to protest but before he gets a word out, I add, "My feet are really hurting." I plaster my most innocent-looking puppy dog eyes and Spencer huffs but stands up regardless.

"No one told you to wear heels all day long," he grumbles as he picks up a sandwich and walks to me, handing it over.

I peer at him through my lashes as I thank him in a soft voice catching him off guard. He blinks twice as though gathering his thoughts, and pulls himself together before nodding once.

"Why don't you sit here, I'm sure that's uncomfortable." I wave my hand in the general direction of the sofa.

Spencer's brows knit together as he eyes me warily. I tilt my head the slightest and hold his gaze with all the innocence I can muster.

"Are you alright?" he hesitantly asks.

It takes a great deal of self-control not to scoff or roll my eyes at his comment and sport a small smile. "Why wouldn't I be?"

His eyes narrow even more and I motion my hand. "Go on, bring your food here." I put my sandwich on the bed and lean toward the small fridge placed next to the nightstand pressed against the bed. "You should've bought some drinks for us too," I add as I scan the beverages stacked in the fridge.

From behind me, I hear Spencer's shuffling footsteps as he grumbles something under his breath.

"It's either vodka... or beer... hmm, let's go with vodka," I say aloud, biting my lip to stop myself from slipping up and giggling.

I pick the vodka and orange juice from the fridge and shut its door, before grabbing two glasses from the top of it and sitting back down on the bed.

"Why do want to get me drunk?" Spencer reluctantly sits across from me.

Letting one leg dangle from the bed, while tucking my other leg under myself, I quirk an eyebrow at him. "What makes you think I want to get you drunk? It's more for me. Believe me, I've had enough of your grumpy face to last me a lifetime."