4

We return to the conference room and from William and Kristian's smug expressions, it's obvious they knew from the start I'd be agreeing to this madness.

If only they didn't know how desperate I was, I could have negotiated this entire matter into something less damaging for me. But I suppose it's too late for that.

Mason and I take our previous seats across from them. He keeps his face blank as Kristian watches us with glinting eyes.

"Well?" William probes.

I inhale sharply and push my shoulders back. "I won't sign the contract right away; I need to go over it with my lawyer and perhaps add some clauses to it."

"So it's a yes?" Kristian asks, his lips twitching into a smirk.

"If you agree with the clauses we add, then yes."

William turns and pulls a black folder out of his bag and places it on the desk. "Once you've gone over the papers and made the changes send a copy to us. I expect to hear from you before the weekend."

"Very well." I nod and we stand up.

"I look forward to our partnership." William offers his hand to me from across the desk and we shake hands.

"Likewise." I plaster a fake smile.

As we move around the room, walking towards the door, Kristian trails behind his father while Mason remains stern as ever as he follows me.

William turns to me and says, "I believe there's no need for saying this, but just for ensuring there are no mistakes, we wish to keep this entire matter confidential. No one except close family members is to be aware of this deal."

Of course, because it'll tarnish your image even more. "Definitely."

"And we were planning on signing the contract in a small family gathering this weekend," Kristian adds.

Mason throws a wary glance at me before fixing his glare on Kristian. "Family gathering?"

"Yeah, just my family with yours to celebrate Wrights and Stewarts' new partnership."

"Inform my assistant about the details," I mutter.

The fewer people know about this, the better. I really can't understand what's with them making such a huge deal out of nothing. I hold back a groan as I struggle to keep my expression professional as they finally leave.

"I can't believe you're getting yourself into this." Mason glares at his feet.

I huff, "Oh please." My heels click loudly as I go back to the desk and retrieve the black leather folder and leave the conference room with Mason.

We head straight to my office, on the way, I hand the contract over to Erika telling her to give it to my lawyer.

"Mom's going to be furious," Mason says once we're inside my room while I settle on my comfortable leather chair behind the desk.

"I know."

"She'll call it off."

"You know she can't," I mumble, fidgeting with a blue pen, twirling it around my fingers.

"And family gathering!" Mason exclaims as he plops down on one of the chairs across from me.

"They're used to showing off."

"But to who? It's like they want to rub it onto our faces you two will be getting married." He loosens his tie and curse under his breath. "Fuck, my little sister is getting married!"