39

I hang up and slam my phone down on my desk.

For a beat, I see red.

Rage burns brighter and brighter with each passing second. I shove aside my chair and storm out of my office, breathing heavily while my body shakes from the inside.

My hands clench and unclench as I march down the hallway fuming, my heels clicking loudly, and echoing in the vacant corridor. The lights are all out, save for one casting a gloomy glow. I flounce to the elevator and punch the ground floor button.

Impatiently, I wait for the damn elevator to descend. The pounding in my ear increases with every thundering heartbeat. My vision is clouded and as I step out of the elevator, I faintly hear Spencer's voice as he speaks to someone.

His voice is enough to make me livid. I head towards the direction his voice is coming from.

"Make sure you get all of it done tomorrow first thing in the morning," he says.

"Sure, sir," a feminine voice replies. The receptionist maybe.

I ball my hands, my nails dig into my skin but the pain is nice.

"Thank you for staying until now," Spencer speaks again, and a part of me just wishes I could tear through walls and strangle him right then and there.

"No problem, sir. Good night," she squeaks and I hear her heels shuffling and moving away. Finally, I reach the main hall and glimpse the receptionist striding out of the building. Spencer's back is facing me while he reads something, the papers placed on the reception desk.

My strides cause enough sound in the now-empty building it makes him turn around with surprise.

"You're sti-" he halts, his gaze latches on my face and his brows furrow instantly. "Still here," he finishes hesitantly, sounding uncertain.

"I am," I snarl. "I'm still fucking here." It takes everything in me not to blow up right then and there.

He approaches me with deliberate strides and stops a few paces away from me.

Fuming, I jab a finger at him. "You fucking manipulative bastard. Who the hell do you think you are!"

Taken aback, he gapes at me. "What?"

The urge to break something, smack him, or do anything for letting out the anger brewing inside me itches my palms. "How dare you!" I rasp.

He has the audacity to look confused!

"All this time, you've been preaching honesty, making me feel like shit, while you turned out to be worse than me. At least when I'm not on someone's side, I fucking tell them," I seethe. "But you!" I wave my index finger at him, as adrenaline pumps in my veins alongside my anger.

"Me?" He points at himself with surprise. "What have I done?"

Incredulous, I bark a harsh laugh and storm past him. "I'll tell you what you've done," I growl and grab the nearest object on the reception desk, the papers he was reading, I spin and throw them to him. "Becoming the CEO, pretending like you're on my side, for how long were you planning on keeping up with this act, huh? What do you think of me? That because of our past and my feelings for you, I won't find out the shit you're doing behind me back!"

His gaze drops to the papers scattered around him before he looks up. "Can I at least know the hell you're talking about?"

"Of course! Because, Spencer Wright, the man who never lies, has no fucking clue of the shit he has done and now needs me to tell him so he can easily deny it, right?" I scream, waving my hands arm.