14

Today is a good Tuesday.

A few days have gone by since the party. The gigantic diamond ring on my hand doesn't weigh down my hand anymore. I've gotten used to the weight and the feeling of having it on me.

Work has been going on pretty well. Our partnership with Judy Corporation is known worldwide in the business industry and new deals and investors have been contacting us, asking for a meeting to be set. Poor Erika is way too busy, but at the end of the day, everything has been moving smoothly.

As I gaze at the skyline visible from the glass wall across from me while my elbows are planted on my desk, I'm not sure if I should cherish this moment of peace or start digging for new things to do, just to stop myself from overthinking.

Frankly, I can't imagine Spencer being a wreck over me. Sure, on the night of my birthday, while I was almost asleep, he whispered those three words so softly to me, and even to this day I'm uncertain if I actually heard him or my mind made it up. Regardless, Spencer is always so composed. It's hard to make up a scenario in my head where he is not the strong, and almost too cold of a man he shows himself to be.

I sigh and rub my temples as I shut my eyes. To say I haven't considered Savannah's words one too many times would be a lie. I've been obsessing over it way too much.

If what she said is true, he quit teaching because of me, I won't ever be able to forgive myself. I still remember how excited he used to get whenever he was explaining something complicated to me while we worked on that solution. Or how his beautiful dark blue eyes lit up and the small excited smile that danced on the corners of his lips.

I groan and lean back into my seat; my hand automatically reaches for my bag and rummages around until it brushes past the cold metallic object. My fingers wrap around it and I pull out the necklace Spencer gifted me on my birthday. I trace its pendant, a heavy sigh falling from my mouth.

Did he really love me?

But if he truly loved me, he wouldn't have left... no, he would have forgiven me. Maybe he thought he loved me, but in reality, I highly doubt that.

I begged him to stay and he left.

My brows furrow and the corners of my mouth pull down into a frown. I'm sure Savannah was exaggerating. I huff and drop the necklace back into my bag. Just as I'm about to put my bag away, my phone starts ringing.

I roll my eyes and reach for it. Looks like the little me time is coming to end. But as I read the caller ID, internally I cringe.

Kristian.

Nevertheless, I receive the call. "Yes, Kristian?"

He chuckles from the other end. "This isn't how you're supposed to greet your fiancé, babe."

I purse my lips and glare at the screen of my desktop as I ball my free hand into a tight fist. "What do you want?"

He sighs dramatically. "Fine, babe, you'll come around, I know you will."

I scoff but don't reply.

"Come to our office, my dad wants to meet you."

"When?"

"Right now."

Annoyance flares up in me and I'm half tempted to curse him out. Instead, I grab on to my temper and harshly answer, "Well you can tell your dad, I have a company of my own to manage and I can't run to him whenever he wishes. Call my assistant and fix a meeting."

I'm about to hang up but his sharp voice stops me. "No," he shouts and I move the phone away from my ear. "It's urgent, just come, we're waiting for you." And he hangs up.