38

The remaining day on the yacht goes by uneventfully. I stay out of Spencer's way, and spend most of the hours in the safety of my room, away from the glamour and the pressure of the world I'm trying so hard to stay a part of.

Sunday evening the godforsaken trip comes to an end and everyone parts ways. At night, when I enter my apartment and sink into my bed, I dare say I haven't felt happier in my entire life for a vacation ending.

I take Monday off, hoping to spend the entire day in bed, be sad and miserable, but Sophia's phone call tarnishes that plan.

Although I'm perhaps at one of my lowest points and don't feel like doing anything, once Sophia arrives at my place, that changes. She has found and put together an adequate number of proofs that can be presented in the courtroom and are legally valid enough to start the trial and put the investigators on board.

According to what she has found, the two men's deaths who were doing Benjamin's biding have been directly pointed back at Benjamin, as well as the driver's recent demise. She has also pinned down the financial transactions, along with the missing pieces of the recorded videos by the security cameras, they all draw back to Benjamin.

If this trial, with this evidence set onto the trial, Benjamin has no way of getting out of it. Once he's either on trial or in a prison cell waiting for his court date, the Stewart companies' share worth will drop drastically and it'll be the perfect time for me to overtake it and join it with MK enterprise.

We settle with requesting for reopening the case tomorrow first thing in the morning.

By the time she leaves, I'm in a much better spirit and immensely optimistic about the future. Things are looking pretty damn good from here.

After getting back my father's company, I'll be free to call off the contract and stay the hell away from Spencer. Hopefully, by time, this wound will heal too.

Tuesday morning, I'm fresh and ready to take down my obstacles and all those who have done me wrong.

My upbeat mood however doesn't last for the entire morning for when I step into the Judy Corp building, William's assistant hurries to me and ushers me to his room. She doesn't even let me put away my bag in my office.

Unlike previous times, William is alone in his office and he's sitting behind his gigantic mahogany desk, with the gold pallet of chairman on it. He steeples his hands when I enter the room. His assistant shuts the door, leaving me alone and trapped with William.

I hold my head up and deliberately saunter to him and stop in front of his desk. "Good morning William, looks like you're in a ridiculous amount of hurry. I suppose now you're understanding dragging us all to your yacht and keeping us in the middle of nowhere might not have been the best thing to do."

He snorts and motions his hand to the armchair planted against his desk, across from him.

I raise my eyebrow questioningly before settling down on the seat. "Well to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"How have you been? I noticed you didn't come yesterday."

I blink once and stop myself on time from frowning with confusion. "I wasn't aware now the CEO of MK enterprise has to take permission from Judy Corp's board members before deciding to do something." I stare at him with a hard glare and he leans to his seat and holds his palms up in mock defeat.

The gleam in his dark blue eyes is unnerving me, but I suppress my apprehension and hold on to my calm façade.

He chuckles, the cold, foreboding sound sends a chill down my spine.