23

The uncontrollable laughter bubbling out of me leaves Spencer gaping at me as though I've lost my mind. Glancing at him only makes me laugh harder at his stupidly cute face.

He shoves his fingers through his already tousled hair. "What part of this is funny for you!"

I prop myself up with my elbows while giggling. "The fact that you think I'm not on birth control, silly."

His face goes blank. "Why would you be-" he halts mid-question and his brows draw together. Realization clicks in his mind and his features harden. "I thought you weren't with anyone."

I shrug and straighten up, pulling my robe over and sliding into it. "What? You thought you're the only one who moved on and is sleeping with someone else?"

His eyes widen, and he curses under his breath again.

I have to bite my bottom lip to stop myself from grinning. Did he really forget about Julia? It shouldn't satisfy me, but it is. Way more than it can be justified.

"Who?" he asks through gritted teeth.

I smirk and lean to him. "Nathan."

He frowns and blinks a few times with confusion before his eyes glint with recognition. "That flower guy," he mutters.

Nodding, I busy my hands with tying my robe's knot.

Spencer climbs out of bed and while putting on his trousers, he goes on, "For how long?" He carefully avoids my gaze and keeps his voice unnaturally blank.

I cross my legs, and plant my palms behind me and lean to them, not looking away from him even for a beat. "Why do you ask?"

"Are you still with him?" He folds his arms in front of his chest, his stern gaze cuts to me.

I quirk an eyebrow, allowing myself to enjoy Spencer's half-naked body's view. "I'm not answering that in case you decide to snitch on me."

"You didn't answer my first question either," he irritably says.

"Neither did you."

His features darken with annoyance as he draws his brows together and purses his mouth. His index finger jabs in my direction. "If you say a word about whatever happened between us tonight to Julia, I swear-"

I interrupt him, "Aw, you're scared she'll leave you?"

"Gracie," he warns in a low tone.

"Yes, Spencer?" I tilt my head and hold his burning gaze, hiding my irritation with a mask of confidence.

"I won't let you get in the way-" he starts but I cut him off again.

"If you care about Julia so much, you wouldn't have cheated on her." I smugly smile at him.

A mask devoid of emotions falls over his face before it evaporates and he fumes with anger. "You fucking tricked me! You're playing with all of us, but I won't let you get away with it."

"Really? How?" I straighten myself and steadily hold his stare. "I'm the one who holds all the winning cards. I can destroy your relationship with your fiancée and ruin your reputation, and I haven't even started yet. This is just a gentle reminder don't pick opponents bigger than what you can handle. Get out of my way, Spencer, or you will pay the price."

I wish what I'm saying was true, that whatever I did tonight was solely to prove I can outsmart him and win whatever game he has in mind.

Unfortunately, I had no plans and just went with the flow. A gigantic part of me wanted to get a reaction out of him, just to ensure he feels something, anything, except hatred towards me.