54

Spencer books a flight for us—tomorrow early morning the plane takes off—and I buy another pair of comfortable clothing from the shops in the hotel's lobby to wear during the flight.

The next day, after almost twelve hours of the plane ride, we reach New York at noon. Instead of going to our places, we head to my mom's house, surprising her.

Mason and Savannah are already at her house. Turns out Savannah has been staying over at Mom's place in these past few days. Soon we all settled down in the living room area, with Spencer and I seated next to each other on the loveseat, Mom on the armchair near the fireplace, Mason across from Spencer on the other loveseat, and Savannah on the long couch, across from Mom.

One of the maids serves coffee for all to all of us and just as she scurries out, from over the brim of my cup, I start, "Fill us in with that breaking news." I sip my coffee.

"You've been paying Julia to stay quiet!" Savannah half shouts on Spencer's right, startling both of us.

Gaping, I turn to Spencer. He shrugs. "Money was what she wanted."

"Why didn't you tell any of us!" Mom complains from her seat.

"Because I'm a person with a fully developed brain. I thought-" Spencer hesitantly speaks, but Savannah cuts him off.

"No, you're not. She found footage from five years ago when Gracie kept showing up to your house, and you two leaving together in the morning." Savannah shakes her head, leaning into her seat. "Dad almost had a heart attack when he found out how much money you transferred to Julia."

"I know Julia. She never would've gotten out of my life if I hadn't done that."

"Yet, she leaked to footages," Savannah fires back.

I shrug, grabbing Spencer's hand and intertwining our fingers as he shoves his glasses up his nose. "I don't think it's that bad. Everyone would have found out eventually about us, especially now that we're together. They'll forget it in less than a month," I say. Spencer's fingers tighten ever slightly around mine, and he glances at me, his eyes glinting with adoration. My heart swells with joy and love as I hold his gaze.

"Nathan has been helping Julia all along," Mason states, his eyes darting to our hand with a glare before he focuses on me.

Surprised I stare at him. "Are you sure?"

He nods, crossing his arms.

I sigh and lift a shoulder. "I'll handle him later." Once my work is done with William and Benjamin.

"Also, William has sued you for defamation," Mason flatly says.

"What!" Spencer and I exclaim with shock in unison.

"For running off and ruining him and his family's reputation." Mason fixes a glare on Spencer as though it's his fault.

"That's unbelievable," I breathe out, placing the mug on the coffee table before leaning in and pinching the bridge of my nose.

"He is also demanding the money of breaching the contract," Mason adds.

I expel a sharp blow of air. Spencer's other hand envelopes our intertwined fingers, squeezing my hand gently.

"We'll figure something out," he says.

Mason scoff, "Oh really? Like what? That bastard father of yours is dead set on ruining us. He's been encouraging our shareholders and investors to call quit, and he threatened us if we don't pay him by tomorrow, he's going to block all of our accounts and shares and get what's his."

I gape at him. Shit! We'll go bankrupt!

"There's no way of fixing this mess. We're in this situation because of you and your asshole father, so stop acting like you give a fuck, because Rae might be fooled but I won't." Mason raises to his feet, waving his index finger at Spencer.