48

By the time I've had a quick shower and changed into something comfortable and reach William's room, Spencer is already seated on the loveseat, his head held high, and defiance glinting in his beautiful dark blue eyes.

"Finally!" William barks and I roll my eyes, taking the spot next to Spencer, and cross my legs.

Kristian enters the hall and leans to the wall across from me, folding his arms in front of his chest, his face unreadable.

William stalks to us, holding out an iPad. "What the hell is this?" He shakes his head, fuming. "What have you done!" he roars. "This is not the news I wanted going around my family, only twenty-four hours left for the fucking wedding!"

"Well you can't control everything, especially not the news," I pointedly say, propping my elbow up on the armrest.

He throws the iPad to the wall on his left, it crashes with a loud sound. "I am William Wright!" he bellows and I wince from the sound. "Nothing happens if I don't allow it."

Dramatic.

I purse my lips and hold his glacial glare.

He jabs his index finger in my direction. "This is all your fault! Who did you piss off this time, huh? That they started this stupid rumor. Do you know what people are saying about us!" he growls.

"Not really, you didn't give me the chance to assess the hell is going around right now," I snap.

"Watch it, girl," he snarls. "We're in this mess because of you, your stupid reputation with men, and your reckless behavior, picking up fights with everyone. You should be fucking grateful I'm not suing you for ruining my family's reputation and I'm still willing to go through with the contract and the goddamn wedding."

I jump to my feet, balling my fists at my sides. "I should be grateful?" I seethe. "You're not backing out of the contract because your loser of a son's reputation is shitty enough that mine is nothing compared to his. Because at the end of the day, no matter the fuck you say, you need me, and not the other way around."

"You fucking-" William starts raging, his face suffusing red from anger, a vein standing on his forehead, but Spencer interrupts him.

"That's enough. Stop blaming, Gracie. It's my fault." Spencer raises to his feet and shoves his hands into his pockets.

My head whirls to him as I stare at him incredulously. He doesn't turn to me and holds his father's surprised gaze.

William opens and closes his mouth, but no words come out.

"Spencer-" I begin but he shakes his head.

"No, really, it's my fault." He glances at me and pushes his glasses up his nose. "When I was breaking up with Julia, one thing led to another and I told her. In my opinion, she deserved to know... I just didn't think she'd sell this information to the highest bidder."

My jaw would have hit the floor if it was only scientifically possible. Speechless, and surprised I stare at him with disbelieving eyes.

"Are you saying this shit is fucking real!" Kristian thunders from the other side of the room, charging to us.

"I am," Spencer casually answers and nods.

"Why on Earth would you say something like this to her?" I ask, turning to Spencer. What the hell!

"I was convincing her to break up with me... she was reluctant, so I told her I cheated on her and...well, she didn't believe it, so... I told her everything," he sheepishly explains. "Probably wasn't the wisest thing to do."