36

After my quick shower, Mom spent two hours nonstop scolding me for my behavior. Claiming what I did and said was far beneath me, that a Stewart does not behave like that.

I still don't regret what I did or said to Julia.

Although, our fight became everyone's entertainment of the day.

However, the best thing about being a Stewart, an old-money rich girl, coming from a line of extremely wealthy families, is everyone took my side. Even though the majority didn't even know what happened, they still checked up on me, to make sure Julia, the disrespectful brat, hasn't offended me and how I'm coping with her irrational behavior.

God, I love being rich.

Her reputation has gone down the drain. William and Amanda are pissed. They don't care what actually happened, just that now one of the soon-to-be daughters-in-law has tarnished their image and they don't like it one bit. Thankfully, for the first time, it's not me.

I enjoyed the attention I received. As fake as everyone's concern might have been. It doesn't matter though. In a world where the front image is what matters the most, one can easily be oblivious regarding the true intentions of people flanking her.

The worst part is though, I received everyone's sympathy and positive attention except the only person I actually wanted.

Yes.

Spencer's.

He didn't spare a second glance at me, only occasionally glaring whenever he caught me talking with someone as they pretended to be worried about my well-being, and how well I handled the situation.

"You know, Mom and Dad are not going to let you off the hook for this," Kristian says, crossing his arms in front of his chest as he leans to the dresser.

I don't bother turning around, and hold his gaze from the mirror's reflection as I curl my hair. "She started it."

"It doesn't matter and you know that."

I scoot to the edge of my seat and choose a small strand and twirl it around the hair curler. "Do I look like I care?"

"Maybe you should."

I roll my eyes and free my hair, letting it bounce down. To give more volume to my hair, I ruffle it slightly, after setting the hair curler aside. I raise to my feet, round my chair, and sashay to him. Once I reach him, I lay my hand on his chest and coyly smile at him.

"Aren't I your fiancée?" I raise my brow and tilt my head to the side.

His eyes darken, drinking in my sight.

"Amanda's only son and William's doting son's soon to be wife. And you're telling me, you can't convince them it wasn't my fault? Are you going to leave me all alone with them?"

He chuckles and snakes his arm around my waist, pulling me to himself.

I resist the urge to push him away, instead, I school my expression to a slinky suggestive manner.

"You are a wild, dangerous woman."

"Do this for me, and I might let the little stunt you pulled off the other weekend slide."

He pretends to think for a beat before shaking his head. "Not a good offer."

"So you want your parents to treat me the same way as they treat Spencer's fiancée?" I scrunch my face up, pretending to be disgusted just by saying Spencer's name.

It does the trick. His dark eyes glint with satisfaction and he leans to me, bringing his face way closer than what I'd be comfortable with.

"Of course not, babe."