Chapter 1 - Ryoba Aishi

Ayano's POV

I cleaned my parents room to get my pocket money. It was exhausting. Today my mother instructed me to deep clean her wardrobe. I opened it and began rearranging her clothes.

It was monotonous and my back was killing me. Suddenly I felt a tile creaking. I looked down and saw that a tile was out of place. I sat down and removed it. It was a storage place. It's the first time I saw it.

Curiously, I rummaged through all the things. It was a cardboard box not so neatly arranged. It had a gun, some envelopes, some old photos of her and me, but not father's. I dig deeper and found a file named "Senpai ❤️".

I opened it and saw my fathers photos beautifully taped and decorated. It was filled with thousands of hearts and romantic quotes. I'm not shocked. She really does love my father. She's always been so fond of him.

I kept it back and held the tile to shut it, but something caught my eye. It was a VHS tape titled:

Ryoba Aishi- lovesick or delusional?
-July 1989-

I had to see this one. "Ayano!" My mother yelled. "Are you done?" Her footsteps grew louder. I grabbed the tape and kept everything back in its place. She hates it when someone goes through her stuff.

She came inside. "What are you doing?" She asked suspiciously. "Cleaning, like you said." I answered. She cracked a smile. "Come down, we're having lunch."

——————————
I managed to convince my parents to leave for a date. I wanted the house to myself. There was a VHS tape player in our closet coated with dust. I cleaned it enough to function and plugged the old thing in a tiny vintage TV my parents kept for memories.

After many tries and YouTube videos, I figured out how to use it.

The tape began rolling.

A man wearing a beige coat and a hat sat down holding a recording mic.

"Check one, check two."
He cleared his throat.
"Today is, 16th of July, 1989, and it's the first recording."
"I've gathered up evidences and proofs against the Akademi student Ryoba Aishi. I am in no form condoning pedophilia nor do I stalk underage women."
He talked in a tired slow tone.

"There have been multiple incidents in Akademi High within a matter of weeks. Girls have been missing, murdered, arrested, and more. It all pins down to one boy. Goes by Yuto Nakamura."

"Every girl who was a victim was one way or another close to him. I ran an investigation on him. Good guy. Nothing suspicious about him. Pretty shook up himself. But why were girls around him suffering?"

"After keeping an eye open I realised, I'm not the only one. There was a girl continuously spying on him like me. And one day, she did it. Killed a girl. I was caught off guard. No cameras on me. No proof. But I saw it."

"I am a 100% confirmed that the culprit behind all these crimes, the so-called phantom of Akademi High, is Ryoba Aishi."

______________💌______________

Thanks for reading!
Also read 'Insane For You' - The story with Ayano as the main character!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/266950078?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_writing&wp_page=create&wp_uname=psudonymouswriter&wp_originator=i2BdN4L6w58VC30U853fx0Nl3RE%2B3Pzr%2B3JESNUFebYY0AzwQ7mBKLqA6iTvtTfaNn3aOnaNLdz0X60ANNJix3A6fDMQsyy2rZsymMrP%2BA%2ByEphcT6kU8moz0y%2BfSr%2FK