Chapter 19 - Ai Doruyashi

"Oh my gosh! Did you hear? Ai is here!" Said Yuna. She and I were changing our shoes in the morning. "Who?" She let out a dramatic gasp. "You don't know Ai?" I blinked confusingly.

"Ryoba, she's probably the most popular girl in the school right now. She was doing a tour since a month and now she's back. She's a sensation!"

I walked with her. "Oh, right, the girl who won a music contest last year?" "Yes! That's the one." Yes, Ai was very popular in school. She makes her own songs and has a band. Teachers appreciate her for her talents. Plus she's giving Akademi free promotion.

It's what I have to write today. It's my first day as a member of the newspaper club. The leader asked me to write a piece about this Ai-something. Why did I join the club, you ask? It's pretty simple.

The most essential thing I need to protect is my reputation, a low reputation means no one will trust me, or even be friends with me. Senpai wouldn't date a girl like that. Newspaper club are the first ones to know everything. So if I slip up, I'll know what they know.

The seniors were writing up about Ritsuko while I was stuck with this boring case. I had to interview her today. Luckily I was provided questions. Being in this club is apparently exclusive and difficult. To me, it's just a hassle.

On the other side of the shoe racks, every student was gathered like a herd. They all seemed to surround one person. As I walked closer and pushed the crowd, two blue ponytails were visible.

Yuna was jumping where she was. She dragged me here. I had just a vague idea who Ai was. I have heard a little about her, but just about it. She was taller than me, her hair looked straight out of salon, she had piercings and other jewelleries.

She got to do things that are prohibited. I would've loved to wear the pendent my mother gave me. Her voice was gentle. Even though she had so much fame, she wasn't smudge about it. That's why people loved her. She stuck to her roots.

Not that I care. It'll help me finish the article. I'll interview her once she is done being surrounded by everyone. "Okay, everyone, stop gathering her!" Yelled a guy. He swung his arms and students moved away in response.

"Show some respect for god's sake!" He said as he shoved people away. Soon, they all dishearteningly left Ai. Ai walked and said, "Phew! What a welcome!" The guy she was talking to turned around. "Yeah, I'll bet."
Senpai......

"I'm doing a rehearsal right now in the morning. You can see it if you like. I mean..you've been so nice to me ever since I came back!" What?

"Uh, I don't know, but I'll try!" Oh Senpai.... When will you stop?

Sorry Ai, looks like you've got to go.