Chapter 25 - Togo Atatsuma

What I am about to do is going to be either very bold, or very stupid. To get rid of Teiko, I might have to talk to someone who I should be maintaining distance from.

It was Thursday morning. I walked to a place people usually avoided because of the crowd. The area around the incinerator was covered by delinquents. They teased and picked any by-passer. Who would want to deal with that, or even talk to them?

That's a lot coming from me who is walking her way towards them. If I play my cards right, I might defeat Teiko at one go.

I saw the delinquents playing their hard rock music while talking, with tons of cuss words. I walked at their direction. I caught all of their attention. They all stared at me like I'm a moron. Maybe they're not wrong.

"Which one of you is Togo Atatsuma?" I asked. After a dead silence, they all burst out laughing. "What?" "Is she serious?"
"Hey!" Yelled one. I guess he was their leader.

"Who do you think you're talkin' to huh?!" He stepped in front of me. "Little girl, stay at your lane, alright?" He tried to intimidate me. "Skedaddle!" He said.

"I just want to talk to Togo." I said. The leader scoffed. "Listen..uh.." "Ryoba." "Don't care. I'm warning you, back off. Leave." He turned his back.

"No." I said. The others looked around in shock. The leader slowly turned around. "What?" He scoffed. "I'm not leaving. Not until I talk to Toga." The guy to my left was Togo who hasn't said a word.

"The hell's your matter huh?!" He shoved me from his hand. I stood straight. "Get outta here!" "Stop!" Yelled Togo. He threw a glance at Togo. "Chill, man. She just wanna talk."

"Ryoba, let's talk outside." He walked away from his gang but not too far away, just in a different corner. "What do you want?" "I thought you'd have something like a fake I.D, or narco-"

"Stop stop stop, I'm gonna hold you right there. You do not wanna be involved with me." He bent a little closer and whispered, "I got in trouble with some serious guys. They wait for me at the school gate every day to kick my ass. If they see you with me, they'll think you're my girl, and they'll beat you straight up to mess with me, so don't."

"Hmm," I said. "What if.." he looked up. "What if I beat them up for you?" He gasped loudly. "What? You kidding?" I shook my head. "You're crazy. I'm talking about a gang here." "So what?" "Tch. Your funeral. They come at 3:30."

Now I had to beat up some grown up men just to get to Senpai. One day, I hope it'll be worth it.

———————————

It was time. Togo was waiting at the gate. "You made it? Wow. You're pretty ballsy." "I guess so." From a distance I saw a couple of men in black suits with bats and other melees to beat him up.

"Is this the gang?" "Yep." "Alright." I walked. He held my arm. "Wait! You can back off you know." I shook my arm out. "I know what I signed up for."

______________💌______________