Chapter 4 - Slipped A Note

"I want to talk about an 'evil photographer'. Meet me at the school rooftop at 7:30 am."

I slipped the note before she came to her locker. I know I just could've ruined her plans and get her rejected instead of bloodshed, but I wasn't sure whether that plan would even work. What if Senpai still accepts her come Friday?

"Huh? What's this?" Kaguya said while holding my note. "I guess I should meet them." Perfect. Now all I have to do is wait.

———————————

There she was standing at the railing behind the ventilator. If only, if only, I could just push her. It'll be so easy to rid of her. But I can't. I have to control myself.

"Ryoba? You're the one who wanted to help me?" I nodded. "Yes. Your diary fell out of your bag, and I accidentally read one of the pages. Something about an evil photographer?"

Her eyes widened and her cheeks coloured. "Do you need help? Are you in danger?"
"Actually, I wasn't ready to talk about this. You see, there's an insane asylum just out of town. It's rumoured to have ghosts."

"My friends challenged me to stay there a night for a 'courage test'. I was walking around trying to find a place to sleep there, and when I found a room, a man appeared with a knife!"

She paused and took a breath. "He closed the door and...told me to take off my clothes. He had a camera on him and....he...he took pictures of me. I saw a duffel bag with him. It had dozens of pics of other girls."

"That perv must be camping there at nights, waiting for girls to take this test of courage and do this to them! I won't be surprised if the asylum being haunted was a lie. Luckily I saw a window, so I took my clothes and escaped. But I can't sleep at nights knowing he has pictures of me!"

"Why didn't you call the police?" I asked. "I'd rather die than let everyone see those photos of me! I want to burn his bag to ashes, but now that place has homeless and drug addicts living there. I can't possibly go now!"

I was beyond shocked. I don't know what I was expecting. But it was not this. Do I actually feel bad for her? I despise her because she's after my Senpai, but no person should go through this.

Besides, if I help her, it just might help me. It's a win-win situation.

"I'll go to the insane asylum and burn those pictures for you."
"Don't worry, I'm tougher than I look."
"If you go it, I'll be in your debt forever, but it's too dangerous!"
"Trust me, just give me your number so I can call you once the job is done."

Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip to an asylum. For Senpai, this is nothing. Like I said, I will go to any extremes for him. Even if it meant going to an insane asylum.

______________💌______________

Thanks for reading!