Chapter 10 - Help In Need

Honami had a routine. She was always found at the library or sniffing around my Senpai. It's like she didn't have a personality of her own. It revolved around books.

I wonder why Senpai is interested to talk to her of all people. After all, he is the one to do most of the talking. She's the most introverted person I've laid eyes on.

She struggles to even lock eyes with the person she's talking to. She clearly fidgets with her hands while keeping her head down. You actually have to lean closer to listen to her voice.

"Honami," Senpai said. "Hmm?" She looked up. "You're a pretty sweet person you know. Seriously, you are so smart. I've never known this much about the books I've read."

"Hehe, well, some of the books you like are my favourite. I like to find out facts about them in other books and all. It's really fun. And also-" soon, Honami was doing all the talking.

Senpai is really getting close to her. They are spending a lot of time talking. These days it's so much she's starting to slowly ditch the library to be with him. What a pest.

I wandered in the library as usual to see what she's doing, and most importantly checking if Senpai's been making visits of his own.

"Oh crap!" Said a girl sitting on the floor. "What's wrong?" I said while trying to find a book to read. A person's gotta do something to look normal.

"Ryoba! It's just that, ugh, my earring slipped under this shelf. I tried sticking my hand in it but it's too narrow." "Oh, is that so? Guess you have to move it."

She pulled the stacked shelf, but it was too heavy for her. I lent her a hand. It was quite heavy. Other people in the library saw us and lent us help as well.

The shelf had moved to the right blocking the way. I walked from the other way to see the earring. "There it is!" I said. I picked up her tiny ruby earring. They're gold, no wonder she freaked out so much.

"Oh my gosh thank you!" She said. She tried to push the shelf back but in return it almost lost its balance and fell.

The school bell rang. The day was over and we had to leave school asap. "Maybe we should do this tomorrow." She said. We left the shelf as it is. The opposite shelf was exposed.

If any shelf fell, would it really be a student's fault? Even if it was, no one really means to drop a shelf now?

Or do they?

______________💌______________

Thanks for reading!
Also happy new year y'all.