Chapter 46 - Crossing The Red Border

I begin panting as I saw Itsumi on the ground, finally unconscious after putting a good fight. Right after her friend, I had to practically run all the way here. To make sure that no one sees me, I had to get inside bushes and behind trees.

It has really taken my breath away. But the job is done. I grab her wrist and drag her to the huge trunk box behind me. With some strenuous effort, I managed to pick her up and place her in it.

Now, I had to make sure to run back to my class on time. Once the day is over, I'll carry this to my house. Somehow.

—————————

As I walked to my class, I felt a pat on my shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" I heard a similar voice. Sonoko. "I was just at the nurse's." "Why?" She asked. God she's such a pest. "I was-"As she scooted to the right, I saw Senpai.

I felt my breath suck away. My heart did a flip inside. "I was having a...a...uh..." I couldn't find any words. He. Is. Here. In front of me! Sonoko found my behaviour odd, but there's nothing I can do. "Headache." I finished. "Oh...okay?" She said. I had to leave fast.

"I gotta go," "Hold on now." Sonoko stepped closer to me. "Isn't it weird how you're always around where ever I am?" She whispered. I would've responded, but I was tongue-tied because my Senpai was staring at me!

"You know, you're not very sneaky. I've seen you sniffing around. If you don't know who's my sensei, let me remind you, Ryoba." Is she really trying to degrade me in front of Senpai?! Instantly, I snap my neck to her. "I could say the same for you." I cut.

"Wh-what?" She stuttered. She's just like her sensei. She's the one attached to me like a puppy. But they're all bark, no bite. "Well, truth be told, you're always where I am. In my class, in my club, and now here."

She raised her eyebrow. "But hey, you can't control it can you?" I fake smile. "You're just doing your job." "Uh, but-" "Good luck, Sonoko Senpai." I just had to end this convo. Senpai is making me sweat!

I turn around and literally walk in my fastest pace. I find an empty bench and catch my breath. That was something. That's the power Senpai has on me. It's like I ran 10 miles. Once I think I'm okay, I walk back to my classroom.

I have to make sure I don't face encounters like this again.

————————-
During cleaning time, I stuffed rocks in the guitar case that's kept in the light music club room. They never use the mega-sized guitar and only use it for concerts. And I just wrote an article about their concert after two days.

One girl tried to pick it up after club time but obviously it was too heavy for her. "Need a hand?" I asked. "Are you sure you can carry this Ryo-chan?" She asked concerned. I nod and sling the case. "No problem." I smiled.

"Wow!" All girls stared at awe. "Can you take it to the auditorium?" I nod. "Sure." "Thank you so much!" I smiled, but it took every energy to stop my legs from shaking from the weight.

With a lot of effort, I made my to the auditorium. The girls helped me down the stairs and split up to go home. I put the gigantic guitar on the stage and made my way to the trunk where Itsumi was in, still unconscious.

Wow, this drug is strong! How is this permitted in schools? I stuffed her in the case and walked out the school. I couldn't drag the huge trunk without raising suspicion everywhere.

As I stepped out the school, there is no other student, but there was the only person I don't want to ever see. The journalist. He sees my guitar case and walks closer. Once I'm out the school gates, he's unstoppable. I knew this would happen.

"What do you got there?" He asked. "What does it look like?" I asked, irritated. "That seems like a guitar case, that a girl from the newspaper club is holdin'." He had a slight country accent. "Why so?"

"I'm helping a friend." I said. "Oh, helping are we?" He chuckled a bit, as if he's making fun. Sonoko walks up from behind. "What's going on here?" She asked. The journalist motions her to stop here with his palm open.

"Wanna tell me what's in there?" He asked. I take a deep breath. "No." I said. "What?" "I said no. You may not." I said. He scratches his stubble. "Do I need to zip it open? I know damn well it's not a guitar in there."

"You can't open it, actually, you can't even touch this case without my consent. It's not your property." He takes a step back. "Not yours either." "At least I have permission," I walk closer. "Unlike you."

After a pause, I turn my heel and start walking out. "I'll reveal your truth little girl!" He said. I turn back one last time.

"Please, go ahead. And don't you dare call me a little girl again. Also, your puppy isn't doing a good job," I turn back.

"Dog."

______________💌_____________