Chapter 33 - Friendship

Chigusa was constantly surrounded by boys. What shocks me more is how she managed to get admission in such a conservative school like this. I mean, we can't even wear an ounce of makeup!

She gets to do photoshoots in the school itself. The school must definitely be getting a handsome cut from all the photoshoots. There's no other possible explanation right?

She's different than the other girls I've faced. Unlike the rest, she's never alone. She's constantly surrounded by people. Even during class, the boys constantly ogle at her. During lunch, wherever she eats, everyone sits around her. During cleaning, the boys do the work for her.

I can never get myself to talk to her. Even if I manage to push through the crowd to get to her, Senpai will be right there beside her. I'll get tongue tied, flustered and stuck with them! After what I heard today, I'll need to move fast.

I overheard Senpai telling his friend that he'll confess his feelings to Chigusa at Friday! It's a disaster. I need to get rid of her fast. I've never seen Senpai so starstruck for a girl.

Today seemed useless as well. Chigusa was gathered yet again. It was already lunch time and I've accomplished nothing. I just feel horrible. I sat on the roof alone. Usually Senpai sits here but now, I'm alone.

I opened my bento and leaned against the railing. After trying to enjoy the breeze, I heard talking, tons of talking coming from a distance. I saw Chigusa walking in front of the crowd, leading them. I realised she was walking towards me.

I felt the need to adjust myself involuntarily. I straightened my back. "Excuse me?" She asked while tucking her hair back. "Can I sit here?" She said. I nodded. Why does she want to sit here? She sat and said, "I'm sorry but can I eat my lunch with my friend?"

The boys stopped talking and shared glances. "Please?" She said. They agreed and slowly paced back in disappointment. Once they left she let out a sigh. "Thank you Senpai!" Senpai? She's younger than me?!

"I had no idea where to go, but I heard from people you're very sweet. So I thought I'd sit with you." "You know me?" I asked. "Of course! You're Ryoba Senpai. I've seen you around. Talking to people and all." She smiled.

She popped open her bag of chips. "You don't have lunch?" I asked. "Nope. I can't really cook." She said. What am I supposed to say? "Yours is great!" She said. "Want to try?" I asked. Her eyes glimmered. "Really?!" She exclaimed.

I offered my chopsticks and omurice. She chomped one bite. "This is delicious!" She said. I smiled at her. Soon, she ate more, and more and left almost nothing. "I haven't ate anything good since days! Oh, sorry for eating your lunch."

"It's okay." I said. "It's just, between work and school, I struggle to balance everything. Your mom made this?" "No, I did. I live alone." "Like me?" She said. She held back however, as if she regretted saying that.

"You live alone?" She nodded. "Mmhmm, after I got this job, I had to move out. It's not really fun." Then, the bell rang.

She both got up. Chigusa looked like she wanted to say something more, but she just waved me goodbye and left.

Once she left, I realised I forgot she's my threat.

_______________💌_______________