Chapter 37 - Kindred Spirit

I wrapped things up in the cafe. Etsuji had already left and by the way Chigusa talked to me, the date was a huge success. As a matter of fact, it was so successful, he asked her to be his girlfriend, and she instantly said yes!

She said she never met anyone like him, and she feels an instant connection with him. "Ryoba Senpai," she held my hands. We were outside the now-closed cafe. She waited for me to finish. "I really hope you find someone too." She smiled.

I might have wanted to brutally hurt her when we first met. But I'm so shocked to gain a friend in the end. Chigusa left for her home. I had to buy some groceries. As I walked the street I was stopped by a girl from the neighbouring parlour shop.

"Hey!" It was a girl around the same age as me. "I've seen you around. You're Aishi's daughter right?" I nodded. This is where my mother and I usually go. "And you work at this cafe?" She pointed to her right. Again, I nodded.

"I've been noticing you for a while...." She said. "I work here as an apprentice, so, don't have a lot going on." She laughs. "My mother does the work. So..." she paused and stepped closer.

"Who's the boy?" "The who?" My eyebrows crossed. "Don't fool me, Ryoba. I've seen you talking to Yakuza, buying 'supplies', matchmaking a stranger." I took a step back.

Was I not careful enough? Did I make a grave mistake? How does she KNOW?

She noticed my behaviour changed, so she smiled. "Don't worry! I'm not threatening you. In fact, I'm doing the opposite." "How though?" I asked. "Don't you see? We're the same! Why do you think I noticed such changes?"

She sighed. "I have the same hobby as you. Although I wasn't as hardworking as you are! Listen, I have supplies or favours if you need them." I couldn't even take in what she was saying. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't be coy." She said sternly. "I wish I had someone to help me. It's nice to meet a kindred spirit." What on earth is she blabbering about? "We could swap tips! Clearly I should learn from you. I could tell you how to cauterise, change your personas, how to hide bodies..."

My eyes couldn't match her sadistic words with that innocent face. "Shush!" I said. "People will listen." I whisper. Her face dropped. "I knew it! Normally people would be horrified to even hear what I'm saying! But not you.. not you."

Someone calls her in. "Coming!" She whispers in my ear. "If you ever need my help, you know where I'll be." She winks and walks away leaving me speechless.

—————————

"After that Teiko girl who got expelled for probably drugs, the next girl who got close to that boy left the school as well! This time, she left on her own. Apparently there were dirty rumours spread about that poor girl."

"The rumours were spread by the newspaper club. Ryoba's club. How can no one do two plus two on that?! She was conservative, so she left after being bullied."

"After her, there was a blonde girl who Aishi hung out with a lot suddenly. I found out she's a model for adult magazines." The journalist adjusted his seating. "Don't get me wrong. I don't check out underages. But clearly she posed a threat for being desirable among boys, so she befriended her."

"She's been playing safe after electrocuting that poor girl Ai....but what does next...."

"It's insanity. I never thought I'm dealing with such a monster!" He spat out.

_______________💔______________