Chapter 38 - Sonoko Sakanoue

After Chigusa, the environment has been really calm. I don't see any rival around. I'm loving it! Senpai now spends his time roaming around, hanging out with his friends (no girls luckily) and just lazily spending his days.

I'm planning on how to confess to him. This is my 8th script. I constantly write it, but eventually cross it all out. I need it to be perfect. I don't think a gift would suffice my feelings for him.

However, I feel a chill in my spine that everything's too good, too balanced. My luck hasn't been working in my favour. It's been raining girls on me. Now that there's no one, it feels sketchy.

I walked around in hopes of seeing Senpai. I noticed a new girl in school. She had short purple hair and a stern, dedicated look. She managed to catch everyone's attention by interviewing them.

She had a notepad and a camera hung on her neck. I saw her, but before I could lay eyes, she already saw me. As if she has a heightened sense. Eventually during club time she made her way to me.

"Hi, what's your name?" I let out a smile. "Ryoba Aishi. Nice to meet you. What's your name?" I reached my hand out. She stared sketchily at my hand, like I would prank her. Her eyes glanced up to down.

She shook my hand. "I'm Sonoko Sakanoue." "Say, what's with the camera?" I asked. "Are you going to join our club?" She looked down. "Uh, no. Not really." She walked around the club and talked to others.

"You're in this club?" She asked. I nodded. She whipped out her pen and jotted something. "What's with..the notepad?" I asked. She again wrote something. The others prompted as well. Soon, she answered.

"I'm an aspiring detective. I worked under Sugihara Orochi." She empathised on that name. I could feel it ringing in my ears.

Sugihara Orochi. The journalist.

I kept my face as stern as I could. She glanced at me constantly. I knew she expected some reaction out of me. "Woah, that journalist?" Said the leader. "That weirdo stands outside our school every single day. He's crazy!"

"He's not!" She snapped. Everyone was stunned. "He's not. Sorry about that." She cleared. "He's a great detective. And he has a reason why he does it."

With a pause, she said, "There's a threat in this school. That person had harmed many people." She got everyone's attention for sure. "That said person is still out there. Haven't you noticed how there are so many crimes going on?"

"It all adds up!" She exclaimed. "They could be anywhere," she looks at me. "Even around you."

Damn it! That bastard planted a student here for me.

Everyone nodded in unison. "But not to worry. That's why I'm here. I'm going to find out who's doing this and put an end to it!" She balled her hand in a fist and air-pumped it.

Everyone else, including me did the same. But I didn't root for her. Poor girl's going to lose. Along with her mentor.

Nothing can stop me.

_______________💔______________

The detective doesn't have a canon name and I gave him orochi coz of orochimaru. Get it? He's a snake.