Chapter 34 - Who's There?

"Senpai!" Chigusa waved from afar the second she saw me. The crowd knew that once she was with me, they'd have to leave, including Senpai.

"Good morning Chigusa." I said. We both walked together. "I'm so glad you hang out with me. Other girls don't. They don't like my job, or all the guys hovering around me." She said. "Don't get me wrong! I'm not trying to be condescending. It's just...it's a struggle for me."

"But why? No offence but, isn't this what every girl wants?" I said. She sighed. "It's true, but I don't like all this attention all the time. There's literally a dude who snaps me all day. It's exhausting. Like being watched in a zoo."

"Oh," I let out. "I just don't understand why no one hovers around you." She said clearly trying to change the subject. "Me?" I pointed towards myself. She nodded. "Yes, you silly!" We both were walking to the pool area. Luckily she had no photoshoot at the moment, so she invited me.

"You're clearly cute, sweet and popular too. Why wouldn't anyone want you?" I can give her a name of who's not into me. "If only someone liked me for...me." There was an awkward silence after that. We both sat down at the benches.

Her head leaned down. She began fidgeting with her hands. I was hoping for her to continue talking. "Remember when I said I live alone? My family is poor. So, to earn money I started doing this job. But I needed education. Akademi is the only school that let me in, and let me do my job as well in return for a cut." I knew it!

"Frankly, I can ends meet somehow. For me and my family. But they don't know I do this! They know I'm a model, but not that kind of a model." She said. While talking, her head constantly turned back to the sports members running laps. They were very distractive to begin with.

"That must be very hard." I said. "Hey, it's not that sad you know. I sometimes like the attention. But there's no like in the crowd I like." She said. Not even Senpai? "Except, maybe this one guy, with kind of long, black hair. Who was he....?"

She thought. "Ah! Jokichi something. Yeah, he's alright." And there it is. I breathed hard, trying to calm myself down. That one comment makes me want to drown her in this very pool in front of us.

While we were talking, I saw a particular person constantly staring at us. "But Senpai, it's a shock no boy has ever confessed to you!" She said. "You're so nice. I like talking to you. Otherwise all people do is stare at my boobs."

That made me look at her boobs. She wasn't wrong, they are too big to be ignored. "Well don't just stare at them!" She said and crossed her arms. "Oh! Sorry, I meant-" she let out a laugh. "It's okay!" She said. We both laughed at that.

Soon, she went to study.

"Hey!"

Etsuji Odaka stopped where he was and turned around.

"I saw you, you know."

_______________💌_______________