Chapter 51 - The Escape

I was walking behind the man Yakuza sent. He wore a black suit, a stern face and sunglasses at 10pm. How is he even seeing? I too wore black clothes to avoid being detected.

After seeing her get kidnapped, I didn't return to the cafe. Instead, as planned, I'm going to the place where Sonoko is being held. After a long silent walk we finally reached an abandoned warehouse in the outskirts of the town.

The room had dull ceiling lights hanging and some men. On the exact centre of the room sat Sonoko with her eyes and mouth tied down with napkins. Her legs and arms were tied down with a rope rough enough to cause cuts.

She was squirming and shaking. One man came and whispered, "What's the plan?" We all stood away from her so that she doesn't hear my presence. I whisper my plan. Once I finished they exchanged glances.

The plan was ridiculous. Especially for them. I knew this was the reaction I'd receive, but it's all going to work out for me. They're only here because they're getting paid by me.

Once all was planned and set, the plan started in motion. Out of six boys, four of them left the room. The other two began talking. "Man, I'm tired. What do we do of her?" The other said, "Let's just go for a while. Besides, she's tied. It's not like she can move."

After a choreographed conversation, they walked out the warehouse and shut the rusted gate. It was loud enough for Sonoko to hear she's all alone. Soon she eased a bit.

After a few minutes I walk to her. She turns and twists in fear. "Wait, Sonoko!" I whisper. Her shoulders drop. "I'll untie you." I untangle the napkin's knot on her eyes. She squints because of the sudden light and she sees me.

Her eyes expand in shock. Then I soon untie her mouth. She gasps loudly. "R-R-Ryoba?!" She lets out. "I don't have time to explain, let's get out of here!" I whisper. She was covered with sweat.

I untie the ropes that were rather lazily tied. Once she's free I grab her wrist and run to the corner of the warehouse where there's no light. "What are you doing here?" She whispered. "I saw you getting kidnapped in the van. I followed and hid outside."

"What? Are you crazy?! You should've called the police!" She whisper-screams. "Now we're both in danger." "They could've killed you if they heard the police. They never leave their victims!"

She was quiet. "Now what do we do?" I look around. "We need to be sneaky. Whatever happens, don't run, don't scream." She nods. "Didn't you sneak into an asylum?" "How do you know that?" I ask.

"I'm a detective. It's what I do. I guess that's why you know what to do." I sigh. "Let's go Senpai while no one's here." She and I crawl-walk our way to the gate. It was unlocked. I open the gate just enough for us to snake out of it.

Sonoko being completely confused and scared kept on freezing in her place. I had to continuously grab her arm and make her follow me. We hid behind a bush. She wiped off the sweat from her face.

Soon, we saw two men walk into the room and yell out, "Where's the damn girl?!"

"Oh no!" She sharply lets out." "Shush!" I snap. "We gotta be fast now." She gulps.

While this is real for her. I know they'd willingly avoid us even if they saw us.

_____________💌_____________