Chapter 29 - What's special about her?

It's a no-brainer why Komako is so popular. Everyone adores her. Even teachers like her for her beauty and mannerism. She's a real lady. She never lets out foul words, or any words in fact.

Komako wants to be the 'perfect' woman. And aren't 'perfect' women supposed to be devoted to their husbands? Obviously boys want to be with her. Don't they like these kind of women?

Women who listens to them, does whatever they say, doesn't talk back, is caring and loving, is a perfect mother to her children, and takes in every fault, mistakes and misbehaviour of her husband without ever retaliating.

Komako is the only girl in the school who still follows these ideals. Everyone else is getting too 'bold' or 'modern'. In other words, girls are learning to be independent and not rely on men. Boys don't like strong women now, do they?

Needless to say, she has a lot of admirers. There has also been fights among boys over her. She was granted a two-month leave by the school as she was sick. Since she held perfect grades, she got her leave easily.

Talks about her died out as she stopped coming to school. But now that she has returned, it is the only talk in school. Majority of the boys won't stop ogling at her, some think she's too timid and reserved to date.

Some girls like her, some thinks she's faking it, but most of them are plainly jealous. I wonder whether Komako knows how well-known she is.

She's always greeted with a smile. She's gained 'pretty' privilege from people without her knowing. I must say, she is really kind.

Komako walked in the school this morning. Her bag in front of her as she kept her back as straight as possible. She walked while looking at the ground, her eyes lowered. She silently walked towards her corridor.

All the conversations among people stopped as she entered. All eyes were on her. Komako said nothing. She changed her shoes. "What's so great about her?" Asked a girl snarlingly to me.

"Well, she's pretty...and kind." I said. The girl looked at me. "So what? We're not monsters Ryo-chan. What's so special about her that boys won't stop checking her out?"

She stood beside me and said lowly, "Even my crush won't stop looking at her." I told you, everyone's jealous of her.

"Hey!" Approached a guy to Komako. She cracked a tiny smile. "Hello." She said. I saw Komako, but the boy's back was facing me. "So, it's been a long time since you've come to school!" She nodded.

After small talk about how she is and where she'd been, he said, "I hope you're feeling better. What do you say we have lunch together?"

Her head shot up in shock. "I'm sorry?" She asked, her voice still low. "Look at that! Someone's already making a move on her." Said the girl.

"I mean, you don't have to. But if you want, you can." He said. "Sure, I'd love to have lunch with you." She said. "That's great!" He said. She left for her class.

The guy turned around.

It was Senpai.
Now I know what the girl felt. Jealousy. Anger. Rage.
Senpai, how could you?

_______________💌______________