Chapter 16 - Money

"Meet me during cleaning time today." Said Ritsuko. "Sure, but why?" Asked Senpai. "I have a gift for you." She said. Senpai's eyes widened. "A gift? What is it?" He asked smiling. "You'll know it once you see it."

It's Wednesday. It's been three days and Ritsuko is successfully tempting Senpai to be her pet and spoil him on her lap. I wish Senpai was smarter than that. Why doesn't he realise he deserves better? Someone who's not...her?

Ritsuko never sleeps. She's always awake. It would be tough to just toss her like a coin in a fountain. Getting rid of people might be easy, but getting rid of her consciousness, now that's a tricky one.

I searched my home in the morning and saw some sleeping pills my father took when he was sick. These were strong medication because he had a hard time sleeping. It might work on her.

She was careless about her properties. She left her bag laying free in the classroom. It was easy for me to mix sedatives for her. I saw her during lunch. After she finished her food, she headed straight to the infirmary and slept. It gave her a headache. However, she skipped the pool, completely defeating the purpose.

—————————
"What was the gift?" Senpai asked her. Ritsuko invited him to the rooftop. She revealed the gift which she held behind her back. "Here." She said. It was a tiny rectangular box with white packaging and a red ribbon tying it together.

Is it a pen? A fancy pen? What could it be? Senpai opened the gift and to his surprise, the gift was.... "Money?!" He exclaimed. Ritsuko gifted him a wad of cash. It was...straight-forward to say the least.

"I don't know what to say. Thank you though!" He said. "Don't mention it. It's just a tiny gift I thought I'd give you."

After she gifted him money, they both talked. It was very one-sided with Senpai making small talk and Ritsuko answering back with tiny sentences. It was as if it was a task for her to kept talking.

However, Ritsuko did go during club time. As I saw her closer, I saw that she was sleeping. Turns out that as strong as the medication was, it took effect after some time.

With the right calculation, I might be actually able to get rid of her once and for all.

————————
The journalist held his mic while maintaining the same monotone with his eyes never meeting the camera.

"Another rival down. It had been five girls. After so much research, I still can't pin down what happened to the fourth girl. She just...vanished. No one knows her last whereabouts. It was mysterious."

"As for the fifth girl, however, had a painful farewell. I had no clue that little girl could be so devious. So heartless. So cunning. It was at that point I knew, if I let a monster like that in the open world..."

"I'll never forgive myself."