Chapter 45 - Orange Distraction

Itsumi was walking with her friend to the auditorium. The good news was, the note was believable and she accepted it. The bad news was that she'll see Daizo in the infirmary with a serious injury.

However, she's currently standing and talking to her friend. She's giving Itsumi advices and trying to raise her confidence. That gives me some time too. I see them from the first door of the infirmary.

"What are you doing here again?" Asked Daizo Senpai. He was sitting on the bed with his leg stretched. I turn around. "Nothing much. Just needed a pill." He nods and positions himself, hissing as he does so. "What's wrong?" I ask. "I fell on the ground while jogging. I still have to attend my classes, so the nurse patches me up daily."

"That looks pretty bad. Can you even walk?" He smiles a little. "Yeah, I manage to limp my way." "Oh," I say. "I hope you get well, Senpai." His eyes widen a bit. "Thank you, Ryoba." I keep on turning and checking whether Itsumi is walking or not.

He keeps on continuing his small talk with me, but my attention is somewhere else. I keep on talking and turning back to see her. "Do you know the blue-haired girl?" I've never twirled back so fast. "Who?" I ask. He scratches his head.

"She's our junior....she has blue hair, and eyes. I've seen her around. Do you know who she is?" He's into Itsumi as well?! "Itsumi, I guess." I say. "Right."

"Why? Are you into her Senpai?" I jokingly ask. "Wh-what? No! I just asked because she stares at me a lot." He lowers his voice. "It's kinda weird." Oh. That's kind of sad. "It makes you uncomfortable?" He nods. "You could say so." 

There was now an awkward silence between us. "Want this soda?" He offers a can and breaks the silence. "I don't really like orange flavour." I hesitate, but accept. "Thank you."

"Let's go now!" Oh no! They're walking now. On top of that, she's coming with her friend. Wait a minute....

I crack open the soda and wait till they come to the door. The two reach and I "bump against her friend, spilling the soda on her. "Wha-" she lets out and sees her soaked uniform. "What the hell?!" "I'm so sorry!" I said.

She screams and whines. "It's okay, just go change." Itsumi failingly comforts her. Good thing she's distracted now. "Ugh! I'm leaving." "Wait!" Itsumi said. I follow her to 'apologise' more.

"Just go on your own." Said her friend. "But-" "You'll be fine!" She snapped. "Let me go now." Itsumi sulks, but walks away. Atleast I got rid of the friend. She turns back to me. "I'm sorry about your friend." I said.

She shakes her head. "It's fine. She overreacts like that." "I should check on her." I dash away. Truth be told, I was running to the auditorium where Itsumi's going to go.

————————

Itsumi stands in an isolated room with a crumpled note in her hand. There's no one but her and a huge box placed in the centre. She feels the whole area to be sketchy, but as a teen you enjoy the thrill of not getting caught as well, especially with your crush.

"Hello?" She meekly says. She finds no response. She sighs sadly, thinking her crush is a no-show and reaches her hand out to the door. Before she could even touch it, a hand is placed tightly on her mouth.

As a reflex, her hands grabs the hand that's gripping on her mouth. She fights hard to make the hand move away, but fails. It's too strong.

While she was distracted with fighting back with muffled screams, she felt a needle prick inside her neck. The pain was insufferable. Now, she was screaming in pain, the hand refusing to let the noise seep out.

She felt her eyes shutting down, and her hands now losing strength no matter how hard she fought back. Then, her body gave up on her. She was disappointed but most of all, scared. Extremely scared. She couldn't hear anything over her heartbeat.

She fell unconscious and helplessly has to give up.

_______________💌______________

Happy new year all 🤍