Part 13 - Mix-Up

"Homework, that's easy!" I said to the sports club members. All except Sumiko. "Eh? How so? I couldn't even do one question." One guy said. "Same here." Said the other girl.

"If you guys want, I can give you all the answers." I said. They all clearly looked shocked. "Whaaaaaat? Really? You will?" They all collectively said. I nodded. "Yes, I can."

"Ryoba, you're an angel!" I giggled, "Oh, it's no big deal."

Who'd have thought it'll be so easy to convince them to be my friends? Just one favour and you can make anyone do almost anything for you.

Sumiko's routine was very hectic and active, as per her persona. She jogs, swims and makes her 'nutritious packed' meals.

I can't really interrupt her in her activities now can I? So I decided to maybe go for the kind of easy method.

I've been studying chemistry hard; the reason why I was the only one able to do the homework. If Senpai were my classmate I'd have given him notes any day.

In the chemistry lab of our school, there is methanol. It's harmful for humans. Touching it can damage the skin, while drinking it can...well...be lethal. That's the result I'm hoping, at least.

I put the methanol in a sealed test tube when no council member was hovering around. While I've dealt with the rest of the sports team, the real struggle is mixing the poison.

It would've been easy if she bought bentos from her home. I could've just mixed it inside her bag, but I guess she wanted to give me a real challenge.

She makes her lunch in the home ec room with other people. So mixing something in her food in-front of them would obviously be stupid. Nor can I tell everyone to leave, how could I?

So, I took out one of her notebooks.

It was lunch time. She rushed to the home ec room where she made her bento. It was all about timing. If I came too early, there would be no food to mix the methanol. If I was too late, she'll leave.

I waited till she was almost done with her meal. Luckily for me, today she was a little slower than her usual speedy pace.

I took my chance and walked up to her. "Sumiko?" I asked. "Hmm, yes?" She looked up. "Hi, you dropped your notebook it seems. I found it on the floor." I said.

"Oh!" She left her food and held the notebook. This was it! I pretended to slip and the bento fell on the floor. I had to be gentle to as not to make the food fall on the ground.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry. Let me help you." I picked up the lid and the bento. Sumiko went and picked the notebook. "No worries, hehe." She said.

As I assembled her lunch, I dropped the methanol.

"Ryoba, what are you doing?" She asked suspiciously. It did not sound good. "Ryoba?"

Was I caught?

_______________💌______________

Thanks for reading!