Chapter 2 - Slight Mistake

"Ryoba could've gotten away with her crimes. She was this close to getting away. If she hadn't done this one thing, she would've never been caught under my radar."

"In Akademi High School, several crime were reported. No witnesses, no evidences, nothing. That one incident caught my eye. As a detective who's worked for ages, this was a case that grabbed my attention."

"For the first time I saw a case that was deemed unsolvable. I had to solve this one for sure. At first I treated this like an interesting, regular case, but after digging deeper, this is something I never imagined in my life."

"But let's start from the very beginning. It happened one day. A girl was missing from a school the same day she went to school. Everyone assumed she didn't come, some assumed she was missing after school. No one assumed that maybe, maybe, she was missing from the school. Doesn't make sense? It will."

————————————

Every single night since my whole life I've been having the same dream. A boy comes, rescues me, and we live happily ever after. It was the perfect fairytale. It was the one thing I truly wanted the most in the world.

I was tired of only dreaming it. I wanted to experience it. Just once. I would do anything to make my dream come true.

On the first day of my school, my dream finally came true. I saw a boy in 2-2, a Senpai. He was the most dreamy person I've ever seen. He was dashing and charming. He was so popular. The second I saw him, my heart raced.

He was the guy in my dream. He was the one. Since one year I've been watching him from afar fantasising about our future. I've planned everything. From our first date to our wedding. I even wrote baby names for our child. Something from an 'A' maybe.

But there was this girl who wanted to take this from me. She was being the thorn between me and my Senpai. Sumire Saitokazi. She was getting too cozy with him. It should be easy getting rid of her, right?

It would be so easy. All I have to go is grab a knife from the cooking club and some plastic bags, walk up to her in the bathroom and as she has her back turned to me, I just have to grab her mouth tightly and slit her throat.

In a matter of minutes, she was gone. That's what happens when you try to get close to my Senpai. My heart raced, my hands shook. I could get caught but the only thing I felt was satisfaction and the need to kill more.

Just looking at her made me want to cut her in pieces. But it was done. I wrapped her inside the plastic bags and since no one was around I used it to run all the way down with blood smeared on my uniform.

I dumped her in the incinerator and went for a shower. After returning I turned on the incinerator, and she was permanently gone.

"Ryoba?"
A girl with bright red hair in two ponytails approached me. "I saw you taking the knife from the cooking club. Why...why did you do it?"
Damn it.

"Oh! It actually belonged in the home ec room. I was just putting it in its place."
"Oh, that's okay then."

It was a close call. But now the work is done, and it always will be.

Or so I thought.

I wanted to rid of one problem, but now I have two.

Another girl is after my Senpai. And to make things worse, a journalist who's on the case of Sumire somehow figured out it was me.

But no matter what happens, I will get my Prince.
______________💌______________

Thanks for reading!
Since YandereDev has released the 1980s Mode (which is so good) you'll get to see the new (or should I say old) rivals!