Chapter 35 - Matchmaker

"I saw you staring at her, Senpai." I said. Etsuji let out a forced laugh. "Whaaat? What are you talking about, Ryoba?" He said. "I saw you staring at her when he were talking. During your laps, when you were resting," I said.

"That's not true!" He said. "I wasn't staring." I raised my eyebrow. "Ok, fine, was it too obvious?" He said in defeat. "Not to her. But I saw. So, do you like her?" He chuckled, "Yeah, who doesn't? She's so beautiful."

"They just follow her because she's a model. You're one of them too I guess." I crossed my arms. "No!" He offensively said. "I'm not just a fan you know! I have every single magazine of hers. I know everything about her! I'm better than the stupid boys following her around!" 

"Okay!" I said, raising my arms. "Calm down, Senpai." He breathed in heavily. "Sorry, Ryo-Chan. She'll never be with someone like me." Suddenly, I felt a lightbulb light up in my head. "Well, why not?" "Huh? What do you mean?"

"I could help you get with her. After all, you're athletic, funny, good-looking and popular. It couldn't be that hard for you." "Ryoba...I," he scratched his head in shyness. "I'm flattered, but I don't stand a change with her. Besides, why would you help me for free?"

"Who said it's for free? I'll end up giving my friend an actual, nice boyfriend in return." I said. "Boyfriend? I like the sound of that." Was she actually...turning red? "Senpai, you're really blushing!" I said. He waved his arms. "No I'm not!"

—————————
"So, Chigusa, you have so many boys around you. But what do you like in them?" She swallowed the food that I made for her. "Hmm, well, I like guys that are assertive. Not in an aggressive way, but someone who's confident and can straight-up tell a girl they like them."

"And who's a little tanned. And kinda muscular. But most importantly, who complements me genuinely and finds me attractive, not just for my body. Someone who makes me feel special. I love gifts!" She laughed.

I repeated the same words to Etsuji. I could see him sweating after the first few lines. "Oh, Ryoba, how am I supposed to beat that!" "It's alright, I'm helping you." I said. He nodded nervously. "Just go to her today, tell her she's looking sexy, and be confident. Not timid as you are right now."

He rolled his eyes. "Here," I fished out a bracelet from my bag. "Give this to her and say that you meant to give it to her some time ago as it made you think of her." I slowly said to be clear.

"Huh? I already has a 'C' in it?" He said. "I meant to give it to her, but now you can." I was going to increase our friendship, like I did with Kaguya, but this is better! "Now go! I'll tell Chigusa to go there."

———————
Chigusa waited at the fountain at the corner. "Hi." Said Etsuji. His sleeves were rolled, and he was confident as I told him to be. After his complement, he handed her the gift. "I bought this yesterday, because I thought of you. It's golden, just like your eyes."

That made her blush. He's shockingly pretty impressive at this.

After she left, I came out from the tree I hid behind. "Did you see that?" He jumped like a kid. "That was great!" He said. This has to be the easiest thing ever! Until, I got hit by a huge threat.

_____________💌_____________