Chapter 7 - A Can of Mistakes

I followed Moeko around. She kept her bag and went to the fountain to chat with other guys. She was not like 'other girls' after all. Unlike other girls, she didn't believe in makeup, preferred sports, had male friends.

She spent a long time talking with them. I sat on a bench with a novel in my hand to not appear like a creep. After half an hour she interrupted their conversation saying "Hold up, I'll be right back guys!" She sprinted behind the boys washroom. It was an area behind the swimming pool area.

She stood in front of a metal can. She threw some things in it, and it started to burn. What is she burning I wonder? She stared at the fire for a few minutes. A boy from the cooking club walked towards her with a tray in his hand.

"Want a cookie?" he asked. "Wait, what are you doing-" "Oh my! I wonder who started this fire!" she cut him off. She picked up a water can perfectly placed beside it. "I better put this off." she chuckled.

Once they left the scene I peeked at the can. It was filled with wood and paper. It wasn't completely burned. The paper had nothing written on it. Maybe this is her hobby? Being an arsonist in the making?

As weird as this hobby is, I must say, this is beneficial for me.

I saw her pattern for two days. It was the same. She came to the can before classes and after cleaning time with intervals. She stared at the fire and extinguished it once she realised it has been too long.

It would be hilarious if the fire didn't put out right?

It was Wednesday morning, and I already knew what to do with her. All I needed was paper clips and hair pins.

"Excuse me ma'am? Can I borrow some paper clips?" I asked. "Sure, you can take them." said a teacher in the staff room. As for the hair pins, I retrieved them from the drama club. No one stays there in mornings.

I went to the workshop and combined them to make a lockpick. Pretty smart right? I placed it in my bag and made my way to the gardening club. There was a shed which had exactly what I needed. However, its locked and only members could open it.

On top of that, I needed the leader to leave. He was watering and cutting the hedges to shape. "Hey Senpai!" I waved at him. "Oh hey, its Ryoba, right?" I nodded. "Remember when you said you had a problem with your assignment?" "Yes, and?"

"Well, I was getting bored, so I did it for you!" He gasped. "You did! Oh my god! Ryoba, you're the best." she widely smiled. "What can I do for you?" "Actually Senpai," I walked closer to him and kept my hand on his arm.

He started to blush. I've been reading mangas lately. "Can you please distract Jokichi Senpai?" "Oh! Uh, its weird, but sure!" he left. I pulled out my lockpick and opened the shed. The second I opened the door, there was a jerry can.

That was all I needed.

______________💌_______________

Thanks for reading!