Chapter 17 - Deep, Deep, Sleep

I had everything carefully planned today. Today was the day. The day when I finally get rid of Ritsuko. It was a Thursday. I've been eyeing her since the past three days.

All she's done is give expensive treats to my Senpai, slowly tempting him to follow after her like a dog. Well, with me around, that'll never happen. She should've minded her own business.

I kept a bottle of sleeping pills today as well and went to school. I waited till Ritsuko was done talking to Senpai. "Senpai! I demand your attention."

"Uh, sure, what is it?" He asked. "There's a movie in the theatres. Join me for its screening after school." "But how would we get tickets so fast?" She crossed her arms and smirked. "I'm a Chikanari. Of course they'll give me as many tickets as I want."

He gasped. "Wow! Really? That must be nice. Well, if you can, I'd love to see that movie. I'd been waiting for it." "Good, we'll meet after 5:00pm."

That's more than enough time for me. I hope you enjoy your last moments, Ritsuko.

She made her way to her classroom and tossed her bag on the table. Without further ado, she dashed to the changing room downstairs. I walked in her class and mixed the pills in her bento.

I didn't need to keep a watch on her in the morning. During lunch, Ritsuko sat down and ate her lunch. It had salmon, truffles, and more exotic pricey food in it.

Ritsuko dropped her spoon as she lose her balance while sitting. It's going to be difficult to even stand straight with the amount of pills I crushed in it.

She massaged her temples, but even that wouldn't be effective. She closed her bento and headed for the infirmary and slept throughout lunch. But the main part was going to happen soon.

I glanced at my watch while sweeping the pool area. It's where I volunteered to work today. The sports club was lacking a member (guess who?) so I offered a helping hand.

After being done with the cleaning hour, the members decided to jog today to my luck. The area was going to be filled with the other girls who sun-soak.

I dashed to the pump storage room and grabbed the sign board saying "Caution: Slippery!"

"Oh no, I guess we can't go in here today." Said a girl with red hair tied in two ponies. "Ooh, I was looking forward to this..." said another. Soon, they all left dissatisfied.

Then came Ritsuko. She saw the board and again, chose to ignore it. What an idiot! She placed her recliner and sat down. She stretched her legs and let out a yawn. After a while, she dozed off peacefully.

I walked up to her. Ritsuko was in deep, deep sleep. Not even aware someone is hovering over her sun. I held the railing of her recliner. I gave one last look at her face. She won't look the same anymore. What a shame.

I held up the recliner, and sent her rolling in the pool. Ritsuko didn't realise she was underwater. I sat down and bent. She wasn't moving.

Suddenly her eyes opened. The only thing she saw was water, and walls. She was on the ground of the pool now. She frantically waved her hands. Air bubbles escaped from her mouth.

Then, she saw me. "Help!" She yelled, maybe. Her voice was covered with the water. She waved her arms to alert me. In return, I waved back to her.

In the end, her eyes enlarged. She realised who was the reason of her death. Then finally, she laid back on the ground. Now, she was in a deep, deep sleep, forever.

Bye-bye Ritsuko.

R̶i̶t̶s̶u̶k̶o̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶k̶a̶n̶a̶r̶i̶