Chapter 31 - I Just Said The Truth

"Hey hot stuff! Where'd you think you're going?" A delinquent snickered at Komako. She was disgusted, but did not react. "What'd you got under that tiny, tiny skirt?" Said another. The five boys walked behind her, constantly catcalling her.

Komako walked with her head high with her eyes shut. Almost as she was trying to make the boys invisible. Out of sight, out of mind. However, that strategy would work for around four boys, but unfortunately for her, a lot of people have her in their minds today.

—————————
2 weeks ago

"Ryoba, are you sure this is a good idea?" Said one boy. We all sat in a circle, sipping our teas. I nodded. Sometimes we gather like this to 'brainstorm'. "You think it'll work?" He asked again. "I think it'll make students interact more with us. It'll make the newspaper more personal."

"Well, there has to be more ways to do this right?" He said. The leader scribbled down notes. For some reason, he never suggested much. He preferred us giving ideas. "But what else can we use? This is the most entertaining one." I said. The leader looked up in a questioning way.

"For them." I corrected. "But-" he continued again, but was cut off by the only other girl in the group. "I think it's a great idea! And let's be honest, everyone loves to gossip. No one wants to things like current news, even though it affects them."

"That is sadly true." Said the leader. "I think making a column for students to confess would be nice, but don't you think some won't do it because then their names would be out?" "I knew it would be a problem." I said and sipped my tea.

"That's why they have a choice of either being anonymous, or giving their names. We can set up a letter box right outside our room where students can deposit their confessions."

—————————

After two weeks of silly, funny, but not that great confessions, the newspapers today were booming. I always thought this might help me get some info on my rivals, but this worked wonders for me! Now, I can use this to expose her, anonymously.

To top it off, I wrote it as an obsessed lover of hers who went through her bag and read it in her diary. Before anyone came in, I xeroxed her diary's photo and spread it everywhere in school. It was the talk of the town. She has been bullied relentlessly since three days.

"Komako, please come to the guidance councillor." Said the councillor on the mic. Usually when you get a call out, everyone looks at you, but for Komako, everyone was already gazing at her.

She's not dumb. She saw the nasty eyes, the whispering, the passing notes and the giggling. She knew it was all about her. This is just the worst nightmare for every high school kid.

"Komako, as you know, there are rumours spread about you. It has caused quite a talk. I know it's not your fault and you must be feeling horrible, but can you skip the next week?" Komako, who usually looked down while having her hands in a tight fist, shot her head up.

"But...but it's not...it's not my fault!" She exclaimed, her trapped rage pouring out. The councillor was taken aback. "I'm sorry. But it's for your own good."

Komako stood up and without another word, she walked to the door. The councillor's grief was starting to form on her face. She turned one last time and said, "It's not and you know it."

And that was the last of her. She left the school out of disgrace.

K̶o̶m̶a̶k̶o̶ ̶F̶u̶n̶a̶k̶o̶s̶h̶i̶

_______________💌______________