Chapter 54 - The Day of My Dreams

This is it. Today is the day.

The day I've been preparing for my entire life.

The day because of which I did what I did in the last 10 weeks.

Today....

I'll confess my feelings to my Senpai.

Today, no one can stop me.

No one.

I made sure of it.

——————————
I checked the envelopes as per my routine. Bills, bills, bills, offers, bills, a....a letter addressed to me?!

I took out that letter and ripped it open. It was from Sonoko.

Dear Ryoba,
I cannot thank you enough for saving my life. If it weren't for you losing your watch, God knows what would've happened to me.

I don't know how you managed to sneak past those thugs, but I knew your history. Still, it's unbelievable how brave, or maybe insane, you are.

I'm writing this letter because I won't come to the school for a few days, or maybe for the while week. After what happened, I'm too scared to even open my window. I felt that I should inform you this.

Anyways, I hope nothing happens to you and no thugs attack you. I'll investigate everything after some time. I don't think I can jump right away.

Thank you for saving me. If you ever need any favour, just let me know.

Sonoko Sakanoue

I folded the letter back. It was mailed at Sunday. Today is Friday. That explains why she hasn't been coming. At least it's one less thing to worry about for me.

I finished my breakfast, grabbed my bag and left for the day. I directly went upstairs for Senpai's class. I wrote a note asking him to meet his 'admirer' at the cherry blossom tree at 5pm. The tree should be a big enough indicator as to where this is going.

I stuck it under his desk visible enough for him to see once he sat down. Right before classes began and the students settled down, he unstuck the note and read it. Then, he slipped it in his pocket.

What does it mean? Will he come? Did he ignore the note? I'll know the answer once it's 5pm.

———————

I stepped out of the tree. I looked around for Senpai. Then, I saw Senpai run my way, a little out of breath. "Did you write me the note?" He asked. I felt so out of breath. I nodded. "Oh! Well, this is a surprise."

"Senpai, I've always wanted to talk to you. But I couldn't. Whenever I wanted to....words won't leave my mouth." He stood straight, his eyes staring into my soul. "I built up the courage to talk to you for years now. B-but I..." I stutter. How embarrassing!

"I..uh...I..c-couldn't.." "Calm down." He said. I take a sharp breath. "It's alright, just breathe." He said. I simply smile, and then, I couldn't stop smiling. "Breathe." He mouthed. I took a deep breath and continued.

"Senpai, I've liked you ever since I stepped in this school. You're exactly who I've wanted my whole life. There's so much I want to say, but I can't find the words for what I feel for you." His eyebrows raised.

"I hated seeing you with other girls. I was...so jealous! I wanted to be with me instead. Senpai, I promise, I'll be the girl who want. Exactly how you want a girlfriend to be. Because for me, you're exactly the man I want."

My eyes feel...wet. What is this? My face felt hot red. My eyes tear up. Like I'm having a severe allergy reaction. My heart is pounding so fast I could hear it in my ears. I felt like I was dying.

"Ryoba...." He let out. "I've seen you around too. A lot." He stepped closer. Before he could speak, tears roll down my face. But why? Was it because of the fear of my rejection? "Hey!" He gently said stepping even closer.

I wipe my tears and put my head down. I've never cried in my life. It hurts. It hurts so much. "Please look at me." He said. After wiping my tears, I look up and there he was so close to me.

"Don't cry." He wiped my tear. "I like you too." My mouth gapped open. "W-what?" He nodded while tucking my hair behind my ear. "A lot." He leaned closer to my face and leaned his forehead against mine. It felt so cold compared to my fire-hot face.

I'm feeling so much pain and comfort at this very moment. This is better than my dreams.

I felt his lips approaching mine, laying a sweet kiss. If I die in this moment, I'll die happily. He leans back, the two of us still staring deeply in love.

"Ryoba?" I heard an echo. I looked around. "Ryoba?" I heard another louder echo. "Ryoba?"

I looked around to see who's calling me.

"Excuse me!"

My eyes snap open. I frantically look around to see my classmate holding my shoulder.

"Don't you wanna eat lunch instead of sleeping?"

______________💌______________