Chapter 39- Shina, Friend

I always feel like somebody's watching me.

Humans have this unknown sense whenever someone stares at them. You feel eerie and uncomfortable suddenly.

Ever since Sonoko has come, that's exactly how I feel these days. Even when I'm sure I'm alone, I still feel her eyes on me. That's because she's the only person who's not here for Senpai, but who's here for me.

Today, in the morning, she was talking to Senpai. She mentioned how he's a person of 'interest' in all the cases going on in the school currently. Senpai, just like everyone, instantly caved in to her.

She managed to solve a high-case mystery last year. She even got an award for it. She's extremely famous. The headmaster never allowed the journalist to come in. That was how I've been safe for now.

But now she's planted her here. And I'm sure he told her to keep an eye on me. And she's diligently going so. I've been a good girl so far. I study and spend my time at my club.

"So...she just came back outta nowhere?" Asked Shina, the hairdresser. I nod. "And she used to be a student? But now she's back to finish her degree?" I nod again. I held my coffee mug and stared at it.

"So convenient. She's a big time star right?" I constantly nod at her obvious questions. "You know last year she helped catch down a pervert." "Yes, I know. I know it all." I defeatedly say.

"What's she doing here?" "She's here to catch the person behind all the mysterious crimes. She's constantly hovering around Senpai. It's so frustrating! She's 'ordered' him to be around her at all times. And I have to see them getting close."

"Wow. That's messed up. If I were you I wouldn't even have the patience. You're an angel." "The worst part is...I have to be with them." She pauses her sip. "What do you mean?" "I'm in the newspaper club. And our leader told us to be around her to get news and to 'protect' her."

"Oh my!" She said. I sigh. "Yes, so that gave her the upper-hand of constantly being with me. And there's nothing I can do because Senpai is right there!" I slam my head against the table. "There, there, Ryoba. Don't lose your patience."

"But on the other hand, you always know what's she's doing because you're with her too." She says. "So she can't go behind your back." "That's not entirely true. She sometimes dismisses us so that it's just her and Senpai."

She rolls her eyes. "I must say she has got you good. Why don't you just kill her?" "Shina! Quieter!" I whisper-yell. "Oh right, sorry." She giggles. I swear, her cute face does not match her sadistic personality.

"Seriously, you should just go for it." "As much as I'd love to plunge a knife deep in her chest, that'll raise more doubts. And the journalist might get permission to investigate. On top of that she has extensive training, so big no-no."

"What will you do now?" She asked. "I think I need to get on her good side." I respond. She snickered. "That's even worse! She already hates you. No way she'll ever trust you. Ever."

"I know but I have to try." "My plan is still better than yours. Maybe swing from behind?" She both chuckle over murders.

_______________💌______________