Chapter 36 - Save The Date

After yesterday, I pushed Chigusa to be more with him. However, it didn't take a lot of convincing. She clearly blushed at his name. Just as things were working out well, I heard something.

"Damn it! That sports dude is really making a move on her! They're hanging out, eating lunch together, and today at the photo shoot, she looked at him and smiled!" He sighed. "Smiled!" He repeated. "Yeah man I hear you." Said his friend.

I'd recognise that voice from anywhere. "You know what? I'm going to confess to her today!" What? Today? "I've got the whole thing figured out. I'm gonna confess at the cherry tree behind the school. It's gonna be so romantic! She'll definitely say yes! Chicks dig that."

Oh my sweet sweet Senpai. Why do you have to be this way? Why are you so desperate for lust, when your love is waiting right here? I must escalate things even faster! Think, Ryoba, think!

After Chigusa was done talking to Etsuji, I motioned him to come to me. He excused himself and walked to me. "Hey, Ryo-Chan. Did you see how well I'm doing?" He said. "Yeah, I saw you. Great job. But it's not going to be enough."

He raised his eyebrows. "What do you mean? I'm not doing a good job at this?" He asked hesitantly. "No, it's not that. But she's different. She has many admirers. You need to be a few steps ahead."

"How do I do that? I'm already going to gift her something today too. That charm you gave me. Is it not gonna cut out?" He quickly ranted. His nervousness was piling up. "The thing is..you meet her up at school. How about...you take her out?"

"Like, like a d-date?" He stuttered. "Exactly like a date." I said. "There's a cafe in town. That's a nice place. If you go there, I can help you out as well." "That's okay but.....how do I...ask her...out?"

"What if she rejects me?" He grabs his hair in tension. "It won't work out if you're so negative, Senpai!" I said. "She likes you. I can tell. Today, after you give her the gift, ask her out. And remember, take her out right after she says yes."

"So, I ask her out, and we directly leave?" I nodded. "Yes, exactly. Don't leave any gaps."

—————————
"This is so cute!" Said Chigusa as she held up a bejewelled kitty charm. "I love cats! Thank you." The convo was going even better today. "Hey, so, do you wanna go out with me? There's this amazing cafe." "Okay!" She immediately responded.

He was shocked by her enthusiasm. "Then, it's a date! Let's leave now." "Now?" She asked. "It gets crowded. Best if we go now." She smiled. The two of them walked together holding hands. I turned back and saw Senpai devastated.

He missed Chigusa by a minute and she left for her date.

———————
"Hey waiter! Can you please take our orders?" Said Etsuji. Chigusa turned to see.....

"Ryoba?" I smiled. "You work here?" She asked. "Yes, I do. It's so nice to see you both here. Are you guys dating?" I winked at Etsuji.

Chigusa looked down, blushing. "You could say so." Etsuji formed the biggest grin I've ever seen.

Seems like I won't have to do much anymore.

C̶h̶i̶g̶u̶s̶a̶ ̶B̶u̶s̶u̶j̶i̶m̶a̶

_______________💌______________
She's low-key my fav girl now