Drinks

"You must got the tables mixed up. No sissy's over here, shawty." One of the men chuckled. His smooth dark skin was a full contrast to the bright white smile that peaked through his neatly trimmed beard.

Sabrina stood her ground with her arms folded across her chest, "Sending drinks over but not making yourself known don't sound corny to you?" She shrugged, nonchalantly.

Sabrina hated when men sent drinks as a way to temperature check women, thinking a few drinks will get them the panties.

A second man at the table spoke next, instantly seizing her attention "Or, it's less confrontational to the dude you havin' dinner wit," he began, with a smooth, yet deep voice that caused Sabrina to relax a bit in her stance. He raised a thick eyebrow and smirked, revealing a deep dimple on his caramel-brown cheeks. He rubbed a tattoed hand down his goateed face before continuing, "If you accepted the drinks, proper introductions could have followed, but this works too."

She bit the inside of her bottom lip, understanding his statement. Something about this man allured her and what he was saying did make sense, but she'd already insulted the group.

The first man chuckled before speaking again, "My name's Kirk," he then motioned a hand over to man number two, "this is my client and best friend, Amir, and a couple of our colleagues."

"Colleagues? You's a asshole." A third man, brown-skinned with an extremely athletic build, said, erupting into laughter. Sabrina lightly smiled at their interaction, while taking the time to check him out. She could tell he was no stranger to the gym. He had a head full of freshly twisted locs.

The fourth man, who also looked like a gym rat, but lighter-skinned with long hair that was braided back, finally spoke, "I'm Daniel and that's Vic." he told her with a southern drawl which piqued Sabrina's interest because she couldn't pinpoint the origin of his accent.

"I'm Bri." she introduced herself, after learning everyone's names. "So which of you... Gentlemen sent the drinks?"

"Which of us would you want it to be?" Kirk asked leaning forward, analyzing her with no shame. She was dressed in a pair of skin-tight black leather pants and a cream-colored sleeveless blouse that showed off her curvy figure. Sabrina worked out 3 times a week. She'd be damned to not be proud of her body.

With a playful roll of her eyes, Sabrina responded, "Doesn't matter to me, I just wanted to say thank you, I guess." She uncrossed her arms and smiled, "You fellas have a good evening." She turned and walked away without another word, making sure to add some extra strut in her step knowing the men were watching her.

Her food was arriving at the table as she returned to her seat. Chantelle looked at her with a concerned look.

"Someone sent drinks over, I went to...thank them." She half explained, knowing she'd tell her friend the entire story later.

"Oh. I thought you might've stepped out to check on things." Chantelle conveyed making a face that Sabrina understood.

Immediately checking her phone she saw the message Chantelle had sent in her absence.

He got baby mama drama,
back child support, & a felony.
Block't

Dammit Chan, she thought to herself while locking her phone.

The three ate in silence. Once Sabrina was full, she pushed her plate forward a bit, unable to hold back a bored yawn, looking at her friend.

"How was it?" Josh asked, trying to strike up a conversation with Sabrina since he could tell Chantelle's mood had drastically changed.