Home

Sunday, August 9th

"Mommyyyy!" Niko screamed when Sabrina and Amir walked through the front door of his house.

After driving for almost two days from Louisiana to California, the couple was glad to be out of the rental car.

"Papa," Sabrina nearly cried speed walking as fast as her legs could carry her to get to her baby boy. She leaned over and tried to pick him up and instantly got lightheaded. She stumbled a bit, but Amir was there to catch her so she wouldn't fall over.

Amir picked up Niko and leaned over to his mother, where she could hug her son without overdoing it.

"You okay mommy?" Niko asked with worry.

"I'm fine baby. Just so happy to see you."

Amir set Niko down on the tile floor, "I'm gonna take mommy upstairs so she can get comfortable, then you can come up and watch some TV with her, aight big man."

"Okay," Niko said sadly, looking down.

"You gonna be my helper while I take care of mommy?"

Niko brightened up immediately, "Yes!" He said confidently.

"Okay, go in there living room and hang out for me, and I'll be in there in a minute."

Austin smiled watching Niko listen to Amir's instructions, as he came over to see his sister. He hadn't seen Sabrina since before she left.

He approached her cautiously fighting tears, as he hugged her, "I missed you, Bina," he said as the tears fell.

"I missed you Tin Tin."

"Are you okay?"

She looked around for a second, before nodding her head and answering, "I'm okay."

Amir helped her upstairs and got her ready to lie down, he made sure she had all the pillows she could need.

Once she was comfortable, he placed a protective hand over her stomach as she was lying in bed, "You hungry at all, baby?"

"No. Just tired. Did you tell my parents that we're here?"

He nodded, "I text them as soon as we pulled in the driveway. Your dad will be over here tonight. Your mom said as soon as she picks up Riley, they'll be over."

She nodded her head, then asked, "Can I just stay here?"

"Mmhum. Why would you ask that?"

"I mean, can me and Niko stay stay?"

Amir chuckled, "That was already the plan my baby?" He reminded her. "Me and Austin will move the stuff from your apartment. If you feel like it, you and Chantelle watch and make sure we don't mess nothin up. You still have a few weeks before you need to return the keys."

She scrunched her face, "I forgot."

"That's aight. You have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, but for now, you will rest. Imma bring Niko up here in a second."

Once everyone was finally together, Sabrina was happy to see them, but sad at the same time. She noticed the sad and strange looks they were giving unintentionally.

Chantelle sat next to her on the couch as Amir was seated on the floor in front of her massaging her hands like Tameeka showed him how. It worked like a charm, and before they all knew it Sabrina was out.

Amir carried her upstairs and put her back in bed with all the pillows supporting her before coming back downstairs to say goodbye to everyone. Austin took Niko with him so he could visit his grandmother, Ester the next day. Kirk and Chantelle left last.

"You a real one, driving across the country with my girl." Chantelle laughed. "I can tell she's just frustrated with the situation."

"She needed y'all, for real. I know she tired of looking at my face," Amir chuckled. "Me and Aus gon probably move her stuff sometime next week. You know she not gon trust us, so I need you there with her, to make sure she don't lift a finger," he told Chantelle.

"You know you don't even have to ask. Call me if you need help with her. I know she's a lot, but It'll get better."

Amir and Kirk dapped up then him and Chantelle left. Amir checked all the doors and then set the alarm on the house before going upstairs.

When he walked into the room, Sabrina wasn't in the bed anymore but the bathroom light was on so he knew where to find her.

As he walked into the bathroom, Sabrina was staring at herself in the mirror, she'd taken off the scarf on her head and was gently running her fingers over her scar.

"Is it bothering?" Amir asked.

"Not right now. It just...it feels weird." She said with a disapproving face.

Amir looked at her silently, unsure of what to say. He thought Sabrina was beautiful with the short hair she now had, but he knew she was self-conscious about it. She had short curls on top and it was still low in the back from the surgery the month before.

"I love you." Amir blurted out, after staring at his pregnant wife for several minutes. Even with everything that happened, he was thankful for her and the family she was giving him.

She looked at him in the reflection of the mirror, "I know," was all she said before she walked away.