Get to know you +

Monday, March 16

"Let's play a game," Sabrina announced when she came down the stairs of their rented cabin. She was wearing a three-piece teddy set which included a robe that draped behind her.

When they arrived, there was fresh snow on the ground and Sabrina decided she wanted to make her first snowball. She threw it hitting Amir in his shoulder. They played in the snow for half an hour before actually going inside the cabin.

Amir finished getting the fireplace going when he finally looked up at her, "You look comfy." He remarked, smiling. "What kinda game?"

She flopped on the couch and sat crisscrossed before placing three sets of cards down on the table in front of her. The first set were white with black writing that read 'Get to know YOU'. The second set were black with white writing that read 'Get DEEP'. The third set were red with white writing that read, 'Get HOT'.

"It's called Get To Know You. There are seventy-five cards in total. Twenty-five in each set." She explained, "We can stick to the basic cards, or we can be a little adventurous and go into the deep personal stuff, and if you're feeling risky..." she winked, "get into the hot cards."

"I'm down." He said rubbing his hands together. "Are we drinkin'?"

"Yes." She stood up from the couch and went to get a bottle from the bar. "Are you okay with vanilla whiskey?"

"I've never tried it, but I will today."

She poured them some shots to take and then shuffled up the decks, still keeping them separate.

"Combine 'em," Amir said, huskily after throwing back his shot letting the dark liquid warm his chest.

"What?"

"Combine the decks. We take turns pullin' cards and we both answer the question. If there's somethin either of us don't wanna answer, we take a shot."

Sabrina looked at him as he brought her shot to her lips feeding it to her. She held eye contact while drinking it down and did what he suggested. She settled back into her seat on the couch, as Amir sat on the rugged floor on the other side of the table with the fireplace behind him.

"Who goes first?" Sabrina asked, taking off her robe, she was warming up now.

"Ladies first," Amir offered.

She pulled the first card, which was black, and read the question, "Have you ever been cheated on?" She tilted her head, "You don't have to answer that, since you've never been in a relationship."

"Nah, I have." He answered, honestly. "I've been single my entire adult life, but I had a girl in high school."

"Oh," Sabrina said, awkwardly. "What happened?"

"She messed around with one of my boys, or a nigga I thought was my boy. It was cool though. My momma already warned me about the girl."

"Damn."

"Your turn, you can take a shot if you want."

"I been cheated on. I can't tell you how many times though, 'cause I never asked him." She sat silent for a second. "Imma just take a shot anyway."

Amir shook his head and took a shot with her, then pulled the next card. It was red. "When did you first want to kiss me?"

Sabrina smiled, standing from the couch and walking around the table. She leaned in close and pressed a small kiss on his lips before answering, "When I kissed you in your house, at the showing. Intrusive thoughts won."

"I wanted to kiss you on our first date, but you seemed guarded the more we talked that night." He admitted as she took a seat on the rug next to him.

Sabrina looked away, embarrassed. "When you told me you played in the NBA, I went home and almost blocked you."