Gameday

Sunday January 12.

Sabrina and Niko stood near the railing at their seats as Nick walked toward them. This was a tough loss for his team. The season was now over and they weren't going to the playoffs.

"It was a great game," she said trying to console him, as he stood below on the other side.

"Hi, daddy." Their son yelled, jumping up and down, excited to see his father.

"Hey, big man. Mommy's gonna take you over to see your cousins." He said touching his son's hand.

"Oh, Meeka's over there?" Sabrina peeked up. She knew Nick's cousin was playing on the opposing team, but she wasn't sure if his wife had come into town with him.

He nodded handing her a pass, "Yeah, take this so y'all can get on the field. See y'all in a minute. Love you."

"Love you too daddy." Niko blew his father a kiss as Nick smiled, and sent a wink at his child's mother.

Sabrina looked at the pass he handed her and shook her head, wondering how he nabbed it. She wouldn't usually go out on the field, but she went ahead to see her son's family on the other side.

She hurried out holding Niko in her arms, quickly flashing the credentials given to her, before making her way over to the opposing side where the away team was.

"Sabrina!" She heard a male voice call out.

She looked over and saw Nick's cousin Bobby Jr waving her over. "Hey BJ," she greeted him with a hug, "Good game. You know your cousin gonna be ready to argue all the excuses y'all won."

"Oh, you already know. You guys gonna be at the house later? He 'posed to throw somethin on the grill."

Sabrina hesitated to respond and Bobby took notice before leaning closer, "I know y'all don't have the most ideal situation, but you doin a great job with lil Nik. My cuz a dumb ass."

That made her laugh, "I'll stop by. I want the boys to have some time together before Meeka flies back home."

"Thanks, fam,"

Sabrina gave him a small smile as he walked away towards his team's locker room.

"Meeka boo!" She called out, excitedly as she approached the group of women and children standing near the sidelines.

The Kim Kardashian look alike turned around and squealed, "Brina! I missed you so much."

Sabrina released Niko's so he could play with Bryce and Marcel, Meeka and Bobby's 5 and 6-year-old sons.

The women hugged and Meeka introduced Sabrina to some of the WAGs (wives and girlfriends) from Bobby's team. Some were receptive, some were more closed off, but Sabrina understood. She wasn't one of them, she was just a baby mama, and when it came to professional athletes, the woman who could replace you might be right up under your nose.

Sabrina's ex fiancé was , Nicholas Rudolph, starting wide receiver for a Los Angeles Football team, but a she'd been with him before that. They met in LA when Nick was on vacation and started a long-distance relationship. With both of them having a successful relationship in college across the country from each other, she was sure they'd be able to survive his NFL career. That proved to be wrong.

After everything, Sabrina swore off relationships, still healing from their breakup. She especially wouldn't date another athlete, after seeing the way they were.

As Sabrina opened the door to her BMW SUV, her phone started ringing in the back pocket of her jeans. "Hello," she answered the FaceTime call from Nick, while buckling Niko into his car seat.

"Hey, I'm cookin at the house. My cousin and a few other folks comin over. I want you and Niko to come if you ain't already got plans." Nick explained as he was walked through the players' parking garage.

She looked into the camera, smiling before answering, "Okay, we'll be there."

"Whatchu smilin at, girl?" He grinned into the phone.

"Nothing, Nicholas. What time you want me to come?"

"Shit, all night really, but whenever honestly." He laughed at his own dirty joke.

"Why you gotta be nasty. Where Lauren at?" She asked, climbing in the driver seat.

"In Tulum with her hood-rat friends. Fuck her. I'll see y'all later, though."

"Language Nick. We'll see you later." She closed the call before starting the truck. "Are you hungry Nik Nik?"

"No, I'm tired mommy." He told his mother.

"Okay. We'll go home for a little bit and you can take a nap before we go to your daddy's house."

"Can I spend the night at daddy's?"

"I don't see why not." She responded. Let his daddy have it his way, they'd both be living with him, but Sabrina wasn't doing that.