The News

Monday, July 20th

Amir stepped out of the shower and dried off before draping a towel around his waist. He walked into his closet and picked out a pair of Fear Of God Essentials track pants and t-shirt. His plan was to chill for the day. He went downstairs to his media room and loaded up NBA2k on his PlayStation, thinking he'd take his mind off of his current dilemma.

He hadn't heard from his wife in 3 days and that wasn't like her, but he knew she had a lot going on. He trusted her, but something in his body told him something was wrong. He didn't sleep well and when he finally dragged himself out the bed, he felt off. His phone had been on Do Not Disturb all day, with the exception of Sabrina, who never called.

Before he could start a match, his doorbell rang. He slumped his way to the door, opening it seeing it was Kirk, "What's good?"

"Aye, you heard from yo lady?" Was the first thing Kirk asked, reminding him that his girl had been MIA.

"She outta town. Why?"

Kirk, took out his phone, going to his text messages, "You need to call her. Andre told me her baby daddy got arrested last night in New Orleans."

"Fuckyoutalmbout?"

"Domestic violence. The shit'll be all over the news soon, TMZ and ESPN already talkin about it, someone sent in footage. His team hasn't made a statement, yet."

Amir was dialing Sabrina's phone again as Kirk was explaining, but the phone just kept going to voicemail. "It's goin to voicemail, Imma call her brother." He went to Austin's contact and pressed call putting it on speaker.

"Hello," Austin picked up, urgently.

"Austin, it's Amir. My bad callin' you like this, but have you heard from your sister?" He asked sitting the phone on the counter as he paced his kitchen, anxiously.

"We been tryna call you. Mom and Dad flew down to Louisiana this morning. Sabrina had to have surgery." Austin said on the verge of tears.

"Surgery for what?" Amir croaked out with a strangled voice.

Before Austin could answer, Amir turned his attention to the tv Kirk had turned on. 'NFL Wide Receiver Nicholas Rudolph Arrested for Domestic Violence.' The story flashed across the screen. The news anchors gave only small details.

"Bobby said Nick shoved Sabrina when they were arguing and she hit her head against the brick wall that was behind her."

Amir's body stiffened, as tears sprung to his eyes. His wife was across the country and he wasn't with her.

"Fuck! Here it go." Kirk announced before he began to read the article aloud, "Rudolph was arrested in a bar in the French Quarter without incident Saturday evening. He posted a $50,000 bond and was released from custody Sunday morning.

The footage obtained and released by TMZ Sports shows Rudolph and the victim, Sabrina Lewis, in a heated exchange. In the video, Rudolph seemingly grabs Lewis shaking her. He then forcefully pushes Lewis into the wall where she falls to the ground.

A few people were seen breaking up the altercation and Lewis is seen trying to stumble away before the video ends.

We are told Rudolph and Lewis share a 4-year-old son. It is unclear if the two were romantically involved at the time of the incident. Lewis is said to have been recently linked to NBA Superstar Amir Walker who currently plays for the Los Angeles Lakers."

"Imma call you back Amir. I have to go pick up Niko from Miss Esther."

"Can you tell your parents to call me when you talk to them?"

"Yeah," Austin said before ending the call.

Amir unlocked his phone and saw he had missed calls but a lot of the numbers he didn't recognize.

"A, just stay off social media," Kirk advised.

"Why?"

"That video is all over the place. I don't know what she had going on with her baby daddy, but Vic said it seem like she been playin in both of y'all face and got caught up."

Amir shook his head, "I knew she was out there wit him, but it wasn't like that. Her bd relapsed. She took him down there to be with his family. His cousin is BJ Richard from the Saints." Amir disclosed. "She was worried about him getting into shit with the NFL."

"Damn, my fault dawg."

"I need to get down there. I can't just sit here not knowing if she's ok." He told Kirk, while visibly shaking.

"Lemme call Chantelle and see where she at," Kirk said as he dialed her.

"Hello." She picked up with a broken voice, sounding like she just finished crying.

"Hey, C. I know you not doin' too good right now, but I'm over here wit Amir tryna see if you have an update on Sabrina."

"Mom said she's out of surgery but she's in a medically induced coma for now." She sobbed. "Amir. I'm flying out there as soon as I can get a flight."

"If you're ready, I'll come get you and drive y'all to the airport and you can buy a ticket at the counter," Kirk told her.

"I'm ready now." She confirmed, immediately.

"I'll grab my backpack," Amir announced walking out the kitchen going straight upstairs. He tried to keep his mind focused on the possibility that she was okay. He couldn't break down now. He needed to be strong for her.

When he came back downstairs, he had a determined look on his face, "I need a solid,"

"Whassup?" Kirk asked.

"Find out where that bitch ass nigga at."

"Look, A... I know what you thinkin, and as your friend, I get it. But as your agent, I'm gon say let them folks handle this."

"I can't make no promises, cause we both know they won't do anything. It's happened way too often with no serious repercussions."

"I get that, but this time could be different. And regardless of what happens, that man is still lil man's dad." Kirk explained while driving. "What sense does it make for you to throw your freedom away and for her to lose both her kids dads behind some foolishness?"

Amir sighed, in frustration, knowing Kirk was right. "I knew I should've told her ass not to go." Since the moment she called him and told him what was going on, Amir didn't feel right. He didn't sleep well at all, and something in him was saying something was wrong.

"You can't undo what's been done. Let's just get you to her so you can be there for her and y'all baby."

Amir silently nodded in agreement.