Closing Day

Thursday, February 20

"Mommy, can I come in here with you?" Niko asked, peeking inside Sabrina's bedroom.

"Of course, you can, baby." She made space for him in her bed that was half covered in pillows. "Are you okay?"

"Umm humm." He replied as he climbed up on the high bed.

His mother looked over at her clock to see it was a quarter til 8, so Niko had half an hour until his bedtime.

"Is this like Uncle Tin's basketball game?" He asked pointing at the tv.

"No. This one's real." Sabrina chuckled. She wasn't sure if he meant one of her brothers college games, or the video games Niko watched his uncle play. "We can watch something else." She picked up her remote.

"I wanna watch this."

"Okay."

The two lay in bed quietly watching Amir and his team face off against the Houston Rockets. Niko had fallen asleep before halftime and Sabrina slowly drifted off right after him to be awakened a few hours later by a text vibration.

Wish you was here wit me.

She rubbed her eyes and read the message. She smiled while texting back,

Is that right?

Reminds me of home.

So it's freezing there too. Lol

Yeah lol
I love the snow.

🤔
Can't relate.

FaceTime?

Sabrina sat up and grabbed her AirPods off her nightstand then tried her best to fix her messy hair before pressing call.

"Did my text wake you?"

"No, I was just dozing. How was the game?" She asked since she fell asleep and missed the final score.

"We won. 112-97"

"Good shit." She whispered, "Niko's in bed with me so I gotta save my celebration dance for another time." She smiled.

"How is he?"

"He's good." She told him.

This was their first FaceTime call since Sabrina came home. Amir was glad she finally responded back to him, but he wouldn't bring it up. He was just happy to hear her voice and see her face.

"What yaw get into today?"

"He had school, while I went over some paperwork for this house that closes tomorrow," they both smiled because she was talking about his home. "Then we went to the movies and had dinner at this this Thai restaurant. He'll be back with his dad tomorrow, so I tried to finish our week with a bang,"

"Sounds like yaw had a busy day,"

"Yeah. I saw you were having a pretty good game."

He grinned, "You watched?"

"Some of it," she admitted, "we passed out somewhere after the second half."