FaceTime

Tuesday, January 14

Sabrina sat behind the large desk in her office going over some documents as a text notification chimed on her cell phone. She scoured the stacks of paper in front of her to find the device. Once she found it, she opened the message from Nick. He was telling her he'd dropped their son off at Sabrina's mother's house so she didn't need to rush to pick him up like they'd originally planned.

Niko loved spending time with his grandmothers on both sides, which was great for Nicholas and Sabrina in terms of childcare outside of school hours since they didn't trust a lot of people to watch their son.

She text back, thanking him then she put the phone back down on the desk. A few minutes later, the phone chimed again, but this time when she checked, it wasn't Nick. A smile crept across her face as she stared at the message from an unfamiliar number.

Hey gorgeous,
Plans Thursday?
I wanna take you to dinner.
-Amir

After the barbecue at her ex's house, she assumed Daniel and Vic would've told Amir about her situation. Not that there was much for them to tell, but she knew how men gossiped and made assumptions.

Hi
   Dinner sounds great,
what time?

8, if that's not too late.

Less than a minute later came a follow-up message.

Any food allergies and
do you like seafood,
or a steakhouse?

"Hm," Sabrina was pleased with his question. In the past, she had gone on dates where they took no consideration for what she'd like and she had to scour the entire menu, before she found something, and still didn't enjoy the food.

8 is perfect.
No allergies, Steakhouse.

As you wish.

She laughed to herself, "I have a date." When she'd given Amir her number, she honestly didn't expect him to follow up. Men approaching her was nothing new, most of them don't get her number, but the ones that do usually got blocked trying to text during booty call hours.

She dialed her best friend.

"Hey." Chantelle picked up.

"What you doin?"

"Just leaving set for the day. I'll be glad when I'm done shooting this video, rappers get on my nerves adding unnecessary shit to what we already got. What's up? "

Sabrina chuckled at her friend's rant, before spilling the tea, "Girl, tell me why I got a date?"

"Lemme find out! The brown skin dude with the dimples that you were exchanging giggles with after dinner?"

Sabrina giggled thinking about it, "Yes! I'm nervous,"

"It's been months since your last real date, so I understand why, but don't let that hold you back. I'm excited for you. When is it? Let's go shopping."

"Thursday. How long are you on set tomorrow? I can pick you up from there, Miss Uber everywhere." Sabrina teased. Her best friend didn't drive, she either used a car service or got a ride. Considering she was a pretty well-known video director, she could have a multitude of vehicles but chose not to have one. She traveled a lot, so it made sense to not want a car.

"Come around 2. I should be done. I'll send you the address to the house I'll be at."

"Okay. Call you in the morning, love you."