Start your life.

Wednesday, June 17th.

"Hello," Sabrina answered her phone as she walked in the front door to her apartment finishing off her soda. She'd stopped on the way home from the grocery store and got food because cooking was going to take too long.

"What's up, my baby?" Amir's deep voice came through on her AirPods.

She sat her cup and bags down on the counter. "Nothin' just getting home. You back?"

"Mmhmm." He smiled thinking about it. He'd just got home from a brand campaign. "The parade is tomorrow, I wanted to know if you maybe wanted to bring lil man out to celebrate with us."

Sabrina thought about it. It was a good idea. She was sure Niko would love to go, but he was supposed to go with Nick and she didn't want to cut into his time, especially with them not being on speaking terms. "He's supposed to go with Nick, but I can ask." She told him as she put the food away.

"Okay." He said, not pushing further. He noticed how stressed she seemed when it came to her ex. "How you feelin'? You sound tired."

She smiled because he had grown to know her so well, "A little bit. Can I...ask you something?"

"Yeah, one condition." He wagered.

"And what's that?"

"I'm tryna see you tonight, so ask me in person."

"What time?" She asked, checking the time on her phone. It was only 4:30 and her mom was watching Niko for her. "It's gonna take me some time to get to you."

"Come to the suite the team reserved, it's a few miles from you. It was so we could be closer to the parade in the morning. You know...traffic."

"Okay."

"I'll send you the address. Get the key from the front desk."

"Ok. See you soon." She closed the call and went into the bathroom to put up the stuff she bought. She turned on the shower and tied up her hair.

She dialed Chantelle as she went in the kitchen and dug in the bottom of her bag for loose fries.

"Heyyyy," Chantelle picked up.

"I'm going to meet Amir at his hotel room tonight, and I don't know why, but I'm nervous." She immediately blurted out before stuffing one lone french fry in her mouth.

"Why a hotel?" Chantelle asked.

"I guess since the parade is tomorrow, the team put the players in a hotel closer to the start of the parade." She explained.

"Oh, I forgot about that damn parade. That shit gon have traffic all fucked up, closing streets."

"Yeah. He asked me if I wanted to bring Niko to the parade tomorrow."

"And what did you say?"

"I told him I'd see because it's his father's week."

"Did you ask Nick?"

She rolled her eyes at the thought, "I don't wanna ask him. I don't need him claiming he did me any favors by letting me have one of his days. You saw how he did me on Mother's Day."

"What if Niko asks?"

Sabrina shook her head as if Chantelle could see her, "I don't even wanna hear his mouth." She scoffed, "You gon have my son ask about spendin' time wit another nigga. You low for that, Sabrina." She imitated her baby daddy.

Chantelle burst into laughter. "Yeah. Sounds about right. What are you doing now?"

"Trying to calm my nerves so I can get ready." She explained, walking in the bathroom and looking at herself in the mirror. "Should I dress up, or wear something chill?"

"Dress up!" Chantelle encouraged. "It'll give you the confidence boost you need. Throw some curls in your hair, put some perfume on, and step like the bad bitch you are."

"Yeah, 'cause this anxiety has been wearing me down."

"You'll be fine. Anxiety is worrying about things that haven't, and may never happen. Focus on right now, okay." Chantelle said, helping her understand. "That man loves you. Let him."

"Thank you, Chanteezy. You the best."

"Whooo! Me nigga!" She imitated Dj Khaled making Sabrina laugh. "I know I am. Now go take a shower, I hear the water running."

Sabrina arrived at the address Amir sent her. It was a Hotel in Downtown. She valeted her truck before going to get the keycard from the lobby desk.

"How can I assist you this evening?" The woman at the desk asked.

"Picking up a key for a room booked under the last name Walker. My name is Sabrina—"

"I found you, Mrs Walker." The woman cut her off after pecking at the keyboard.

Sabrina giggled, as the woman handed her a key card. "Thank you."

She went to the elevator and pressed the call button while looking herself over in the mirrored room. She reapplied her lip gloss, before tousling her hair. She wore a long-sleeved black form-fitting dress that stopped just below the knee with a pair of black Guiseppe heels.

Taking the elevator to the 70th floor, she finally arrived at Amir's door. She tapped the key card on the knob and heard the lock click. Steadying her breathing she slowly entered the suite and immediately saw the high ceiling was covered in red balloons. Looking down, she followed the trail of candles and rose petals to the doorway. It wasn't dark out yet, but the sun was going down.

When she walked outside, she saw it.

Sabrina's eyed blurred as she walked closer to it stepping on rose petals the whole way there

She finally turned around when Amir wrapped his strong arms around her. He smiled and pulled away, reaching for her hand as she tried not to let her tears fall.

"Sabrina, I love you, I have loved you, and I will continue to love you with all my heart, mind, body, and soul. When I started my abstinence journey, I prayed that God bring me a wife, for Him to make me worthy of her, and that my eyes be shut to any woman that wasn't her."

He fought his tears and continued, "I was so mad when I got traded. Yeah, the contract was great but Chicago was my home. When I decided to join Kirk at dinner, I thought it was another night with my guys, but then God told me, to open my eyes and there you were. I felt like I knew you before I knew you. I couldn't wait to start my life with you. So here I am today askin, will you start your life with me?" He got down on one knee, "Sabrina Rosalee Lewis, will you marry me?"

Sabrina nodded her head as she ugly cried, repeating, "Yes!"

He pulled off the ring he gave her a few weeks ago and slipped it in his pocket then replaced it with a 8 carat diamond ring. She wiped her eyes trying to look at the ring in complete shock.

When she heard everyone start clapping and cheering, she turned around and saw her family. Chantelle put Niko down and he ran over to them, hugging his mom.

"You and Ahme getting married mommy"

She laughed, "Yes papa. Mommy and Ahme are getting married."