Talk 2

"Why ain't you tell me?" Nick finally asked once he saw that Amir meant what he said. He wasn't going anywhere and he wasn't giving Nick any privacy.

"About what?"

"About him." He pointed to Amir who stood, leaning against the counter in the kitchen.

"Why do you think I needed to tell you that? When I felt it was important enough to tell, I introduced you to him."

"After my son was already around him, tellin me about him."

"Niko didn't meet Amir until we became serious. Did you tell me about Lauren, or Monica, or Kae or were they postin' pictures with my son on the internet thinkin' shit was funny."

Nick kissed his teeth, "See that's your problem. You always tryna go tit for tat. You know I didn't care about none of them bitches."

"And that's your problem, you were ready to flaunt those women around and have our son around them yet you didn't care about them."

"Sabrina, I was wrong. I've said many times over, I was fuckin wrong. When will you do the same?"

"Where was I wrong?"

"You ain't tell me you was fuckin wit this nigga and me at the same time."

"Don't do that! I stopped sleeping with you last year."

"It wasn't just sex. You was at my house, playin the role with me."

Amir was tired of Nick and didn't understand why Sabrina was entertaining the conversation, so he finally chimed in, "I met Sabrina in January. She didn't sleep with me until after I asked her to be my woman." He moved from the kitchen to stand by Sabrina who was seated on a chair. "So it don't matter if you thought she was playin' house witchu, cause I know for a fact it wasn't anytime after February."

"I hadn't been to Nick's house since Niko's party."

"February 2nd. Cool, anything else you need to know?" Amir asked.

"Can I see my son?"

Sabrina looked at him crazy, "When have you ever had to ask me that?"

"I thought I wasn't allowed considering..."

"I would never keep Niko from you."

He sat silently for a moment then decided to break the news, "I'm going into a treatment center, and I can have visitors."

"We can figure it out. Regardless of everyone's feelings towards you, you are Niko's father."

Nick nodded his head as his eyes teared up, "The team released me, but another organization is willing to pick me up if I complete an alcohol and drug treatment program first. Then anger management." He explained.

"So what's wrong?"

"I'd be moving to Arizona." He dropped his head.

"Nick, no matter where you go, you'll be a part of Niko's life. Arizona is a few hours by car or a short flight."

Nick looked up at Amir, feeling weak bearing his soul in front of this other man.

Amir spoke up, "Look dawg. Sabrina would never keep your kid from you. You tryna get help and you got people who love and support you. I know for a fact it'll break that lil boy's heart if he didn't see you. He misses you, already. We both got kids by Sabrina now, so we gotta get along." Amir paused and sighed, "I apologize for punchin you like that. That was some goofy ass shit on my part."

"I appreciate that." Nick said, before turning his attention to Sabrina, "I get it now. You can't help but to like dude." He stood from the couch, frowning, trying to hold back tears, "Sabrina, I'm sorry, for everything. You didn't deserve any of that shit I put you through. None of it. You only ever had my back, like nobody could. You deserve the love that mutha fuckas dream about. Healthy love and happiness. None of the toxic shit I keep putting you through." He paused and took a deep breath, "I'm fucked up about it not being us, but I love you enough to know that I gotta let you go for you and for me."

He walked over to her front door, and opened it, "Congratulations to y'all. I'll call you about Niko." He said before he walked out and shut the door behind him.

Sabrina sat staring at the closed door as her mind tried to process what just happened. Amir kneeled down next to her. Once her eyes locked on his, she burst into tears and crawled into his arms, crying herself to sleep.