Mother's Day

Sunday, May 10th.

"I hate it when my baby's upset," Amir said over the phone. "Especially when I can't be there to make it better."

"I'm honestly not even upset at this point," Sabrina sighed, "I'm disappointed."

It was Mother's Day. It was Sabrina's fourth Mother's Day to be exact, and Nick didn't even have Niko call her, nor did he return her calls so she could talk to her son. "He gon make me pull up."

"Did you try calling Niko's grandmother?" Amir asked, knowing how close Sabrina and Ester were.

"Mama E's on a cruise right now, so I can't reach her. She would never let this slide, I know that."

"I understand if you rather chill at home, baby." He told her. Sabrina was supposed to be going to Amir's playoff game.

"No, I'm not gon let his pettiness stop me from enjoying myself. I wanted to at least hear my baby's voice today, but it's okay. I won't let Nick do this to me again."

"What time your flight land?" Amir asked.

"1:35," Sabrina responded, as she packed her travel hygiene items in her bag.

"Aight. You goin' out wit me tonight." He told her, as he began searching through his hotel room closet. He'd already been in Houston for three days.

"Okay," Sabrina replied as she checked the weather, seeing it would still be the mid-80s that night, before going into her closet and skimming through her clothing. "I've got something I might wear, but I think I'm still gonna go shopping out there too. I'll have some time." She told him.

Sabrina's phone chimed, and she looked at the notification and saw Amir Cash App'd her three thousand dollars. "Amir, why would you send me that? What I need three thousand dollars for?"

"Cause we goin out for my birthday, guh. Houston always show me love. It's gon be a movie. I want you to get whatever you need. Matter fact..."

Her phone chimed again. He sent another two thousand.

She rolled her eyes. "I was gon do that anyway, but you didn't need to send me no money."

"Too late. Happy Mother's Day." He told her.

The doorbell rang interrupting her about to scold him. "Hang on, someone's at the door." She walked out her room and down the hall to check the peep hole.

No one was there but she could see foil balloons. She opened the door and saw a bouquet of pink roses, and a smaller bouquet of sunflowers with the balloons.

She picked up the sunflowers first and read the card as she brought them inside. She immediately started crying as she saw the card that read Happy Mother's Day Love Niko Rudolph, in her sons handwriting. She sat it on the counter and went and grabbed the second bouquet, it was from Amir.

"What you doin', baby?" Amir asked, in her AirPods once he heard her get quiet.

"When did you do this?" She asked through sniffling.

"You see how good his writin is? Gon write betta then me in a minute," Amir chuckled, skipping over her question. They'd been planning it and Niko had been practicing, "Lil man was so excited to surprise you. He almost told on himself."

"Amiiiirrr, thank you." She cried. She couldn't understand why he was so good to her.

"I'm sorry you couldn't talk to him today, but you are an amazing mama. Can't nobody take that from you, aight."

"Ugh. Here you go makin me cry." She said wiping her tears. Sabrina loved her some Amir. That man made a way every time.

"Not like this the first time. I love my lil cry baby."

A notification dinged on her phone and she looked at it. "You better not be sending no more money," She scolded him before seeing it was a text from him. She opened her messages, "What you textin me?"

Bring a plan b 😝

Her coochie throbbed cause she knew exactly what that meant. "Oh, now you feelin' yourself,"

"I'm tryna feel you while you feel me." He said in a voice that sent tingles down her backside.

"Lemme get off this phone and get ready while you being nasty." She laughed while staring at her flowers on that counter.

My man my man my man.