Good luck charm

Friday, February 28

Sabrina's stomach growled as she woke up to the smell of bacon. She looked over and saw a covered tray in the bed with a note. Fully waking up she realized she wasn't in her bed and had spent the night at Amir's.

She looked around his enormous and bright bedroom and pulled the sheets around her naked body then walked over, on sore legs, to look out at the coastline view from the glass balcony doors. She went back to the bed and grabbed the note off the tray.

Went to practice, be back soon.

Sabrina smiled shaking her head. Last night was a lot. Amir told her he wanted her, but did he mean a relationship? She wasn't sure if that's what he meant when he asked.

Sabrina overthinks everything, so this was no different. If he did, she would have to deal with being in a relationship, and not just any relationship, but one with another professional athlete. She didn't know much about dating a basketball player, only what she'd learned from Amir in the past month and a half they'd been talking, but that was talking, with no title.

She decided right then and there, her best bet would be to keep herself busy, which wouldn't be too difficult. She had her own life and she wasn't going to live it around this man like she'd foolishly done with Nicholas. Sabrina lost herself when she was with Nicolas. She'd become girlfriend, then fiancé, then mother.

She went into the bathroom to pee, before grabbing one of Amir's T-shirts out of his closet. Sleeping over wasn't in her plans, but after the way things went, she wasn't complaining.

After checking the time on her phone, she climbed back into the bed and called her best friend.

"Good morniiiiing," Chantelle answered, cheerfully.

"Hey." Sabrina tried not to have sleep voice.

"Soooo... how did things go?"

"Things went well." she paused. "We talked. I cried. I just woke up...in his bed." She smiled and her friend squealed into the phone.

"Biiiiiitch. Tell me he gave you that good good."

Sabrina laughed at her friend's choice of words. "He did somethin'. He said he wanted me, but I don't know if it was just the lust talking."

"Well, you agreed, if you slept together, right?"

She hummed her response, smiling.

"Awww Brina, I'm happy for you."

"Girl, can you do me a huge favor? No judging okay?"

"What you need?"

"I have a hair appointment in a few hours, and I don't know if I have time to stop somewhere, can you...bring a Plan B to my house." She asked, knowing her friend already had a stockpile of those types of things.

Sabrina never thought she'd need any considering she'd only been sleeping with Nick the past few years and he'd gotten his vasectomy done a few years ago.

"Oh Sabrina, y'all didn't use protection?" Chantelle gasped.

"I wasn't planning on having sex with him. One thing led to another...He pulled out both times, but just in case."

"Both times. Y'all was fuckin fuckin." She laughed.

Sabrina sighed, "I feel bad enough sleeping with him like that when Nick's been on my phone asking for another baby."

"Shit! Girl this is getting better than the Novellas. Nick had his chance. Let him have a baby with weirdo if he wants one so badly."

Sabrina heard the front door chime downstairs, "I'll call you back, he just got back home." She said before ending their call.

Leaning against the pillows, she browsed the notifications on her phone. Nick sent her a good morning text with some pictures of Niko playing in the backyard. She loved the pictures then exited the thread.

Amir walked into the bedroom in a set of warm-ups. Purple with gold trim. "Mornin, my baby." his deep voice sent a zap to her middle as he smiled, with those damn dimples, "you sleep good?"

She nodded, biting on her bottom lip fighting the lust filled thoughts in her head, "Yeah. Thank you for the food," she said innocently, finally opening the tray and seeing waffles, bacon, and eggs.

He kicked off his sneakers then took off his warm-up jacket, laying it on the chair in the corner before stretching out across the foot of the bed, watching Sabrina as she started to eat.

With one hand, he grazed up and down her legs that stuck out the bottom of the T-shirt she was wearing and snatched a slice of bacon off the plate to toss in his mouth with the other. Once he swallowed it he spoke, "You got plans tonight?"

She tried to think before she answered, "None yet, why?"

He licked his lips, nervously, "Come to the game."

Sabrina raised a brow at his request, "You really want me to come?"

He nodded, "Yeah. My tickets are yours. Bring Chanteezy witchu so you not bored."

Sabrina sat quietly, thinking it over. It wasn't like this was the first time he'd asked her to go, but this would be her first time going to a basketball game for one of the players and not as a plus one like when she went with friends or when she'd take a client and watch from a box suite. She'd only gone to football games specifically for Nick.

Watching Sabrina wrack her brain, Amir followed up, "If you're not ready yet, it's aight. I thought you might enjoy it."

"I'd love to go." She admitted, "But I don't wanna distract you."

"No such thing, you my lucky charm." he sat and leaned over to kiss her on the lips, "magically delicious."

She cackled at his joke, when he pulled away, "Wow, really?"

He bit his bottom lip, smirking.

"Can we...talk about somethin?" She asked hesitantly.

"Anything. What's up, Ma?" he sat up on his elbow on the bed and looked into her eyes intently.

"About last night. I didn't mean for things to go that far, that was not my goal."

"Do you regret it?" He asked, watching her intently. She shook her head. "Don't apologize. You didn't force me to do anything. We had sex 'cause it was what we both wanted. We had sex again 'cause it was still what we both wanted." He chuckled, "Don't feel bad about that. I wasn't no virgin, and I ain't say I was savin myself for marriage. I said I wasn't sleeping around. You my woman."

So that wasn't the lust talking, she decided. "So we together now?" She raised a brow.

"And is." He laughed. "You got a man now, so let all them thirsty niggas know, Amir Walker is yo nigga and he don't play bout chu." He flashed a smile, showing his dimples while flexing his muscles.

"You get on my nerves." She laughed loudly.

"Imma say this now... not tryna push nothin' on you, but imma buy some condoms, just in case, cause that thang thangin and I needa be prepared. You ain't even give ya boy a warning or nothin." He shook his head.

She couldn't hold back her laughter. He was truly a fool. "I'll talk to my doctor about some birth control."

"No, I don't want you messin' yourself up and all that. Condoms are fine. How you feelin'?"

"I'm fine, what about you?" She asked.

"I'm on cloud 9, baby." He smiled.

"Really?" Sabrina rolled her eyes.

"I was in shoot around, hittin' all the shots. Girl, you got the magic juice." He chuckled. "That's why I won the three-point contest. Pussy juice magic."

She continued laughing at him.

"Thank you." He leaned over and kissed her.

"For what?"

"For saying yes."