The 4th

Saturday, July 4th

"Yuck. Y'all annoying." Chantelle fake gagged as Sabrina sat on the arm of Amir's chair. His long arm wrapped around her legs as his fingers skimmed her skin. She was wearing a yellow-gold bathing suit with a mesh cover-up dress. 

"Girl, boo

"Girl, boo. Kirk over there making you a plate, while you talkin." Sabrina teased her friend.

"Never thought I'd see the day," Amir added, happy for him. "My boy gone."

🎶Even though I'm not your man, you not my girl. Imma call you my shawtyyyyy🎵

Kirk walked over to the group, laughing and singing the song that was playing on the speakers as he handed Chantelle her plate, "And we ain't did nothin' that we ain't supposed to do cause you my shawtyyyy."

"Gone gone for real," Amir repeated.

"What y'all talkin bout?"

"Nothin. Ignore them." Chantelle said, before taking a bite of ribs. "Thank you, boo."

"Kyle and AD just pulled up." Austin hollered to Amir from across the pool. He'd just come through the side gate.

"Tell them they can come on back."

They were having a small gathering at Amir's place with some of his friends since it was the 4th of July and his home was the perfect place to see the fireworks shows up and down the coast.

"So is y'all ready?" Kirk asked, smiling.

"Hell yeah," Amir confessed. "Yaw gon get tired of me." He cracked up, "Imma check wit my wife. Lemme see what my ol lady gotta say." He mocked himself. He couldn't wait to brag on his wife.

"It ain't even like that for real," one of their friends from Chicago, by the name of Tim said. He played professional baseball.

"That's cuz you a dog. You got a wife a girlfriend and a baby mama on the side. You Chicago niggas ain't shit." Kirk said before turning to Amir, "Except for you A. You different."

"Like you country niggas any better. How many chicks you hit and blocked since you been in Cali?" Tim asked, with a wide smile. "And Mir good cause he went celibate. That's a challenge all in itself. Boy got discipline, cuz me...." He shook his head in disbelief. "Imma get my dick wet."

"And that's why it's gon fall off."

They all laughed.

Sabrina's phone started ringing, stopping the music. She got up and rushed over to the table to see who was calling.

"My bad y'all," she apologized, seeing Nick's name. "Hello," she answered putting it to her ear.

"Mybad Sabrina," Nick started, but she heard Niko crying in the background.

"What's wrong?" She asked worried something had happened again. She immediately went into a panic.

"He not really feeling good today. He woke up, really... uhh.. clingy. I don't wanna call it that but he's been fussy."