Take a L

Wednesday, February 26th

🎵We don't do the same drugs no more
We don't do the,
we don't do the same drugs
Do the same drugs no more
'Cause she don't do the same drugs no more
We don't do the,
we don't do the same drugs
Do the same drugs no more 🎶

Amir entered the arena locker room with Chance the Rapper playing in his Beats headphones. He had a game in a few hours, so he was using the opposing team's facilities. As he changed into his workout clothes, Kirk entered the locker room.

"Sup boy." He said, dapping Amir.

"What's good witchu?" Amir responded, pulling his headphones down to sit around his neck, then sitting down to lace up his sneakers.

"You been lookin' good. Y'all lookin' like a playoff team to me."

"Preciate it. I ain't even gon cap, I like the way we work. Good chemistry. Too much ego last season."

"I noticed that," Kirk said, as they walked out to the gym floor.

"Whatchu on out here?"

"Flew in yesterday to meet with a player from the Cardinals...Looking for new representation."

"That's wassup. Congrats. What you on now?"

"Just came from seeing Chanteezy. She down here shooting a video with this rapper chick. She fire with the directing shit lowkey."

"Oh, yaw still talk huh?" Amir asked with a raised brow.

"Yeah, I like her." Kirk rubbed his hands together, chuckling.

Amir checked his phone, seeing Sabrina hadn't responded to the last text message that he'd sent hours ago. "Muuust be niiiice." He said, hating just a little bit, as he sat his phone down on a chair.

"Man, don't even act like that. Y'all was just out there being cute All-Star weekend. I seen ya pictures on BSO. I made one of 'em yo caller ID." He laughed.

"Was," Amir reiterated, now stretching.

"You gotta think about it, cuz. Single moms are not easy to date. They always got they kids. And if they don't got the kids they either workin', startin' some new business, or in the house binging tv shows while studying for their next degree so they can take over the world."

Amir ran his hand through his hair, "I guess she don't fuck wit me like that." He shrugged, picking the up a ball from the rack. He bounced it, seeing if it had enough air. "Like...shit was decent as hell. Ion know what changed."

"Or she fuck wit you heavy, and she don't know how to handle that." Kirk shrugged. "Bro, she bought you a custom canvas of you and moms. She could've easily just brought you some lame ass champagne and dipped once you had your keys. She thought that shit out."

Amir's brows dipped, as he listened to Kirk continue, "Chantelle say she been single a long time. Her baby daddy play football right? She was with that nigga when he was a broke-ass college student and he cheated as soon as he had a little paper in his pockets. She prolly scared. Everybody knows y'all get pussy thrown atchu in every city."

Amir deadpanned, "She know I'm abstinent." He shot the ball, from three, and missed.

"Yet, you licked the plate clean the first chance you got. Ina minute imma start sayin I'm abstinent too. Bitches throw way more coochie when they think you on some spiritual shit." Kirk cracked, "I'm kidding."

Amir bounced the ball, "I can't tell you shit," he shook his head in shame, "Everybody don't know that about me." He shot the ball again, making it this time. He caught his rebound and dribbled to the corner.

"Maybe it's time to take yo L."

Amir dropped his head in defeat. Maybe Kirk was right. Maybe their time had run its course.

"Just like that, huh?"

Kirk sighed, "I'm not the one to give advice on this. I ain't never been in yo situation. Women ghost me left and right because I'm too busy, or not showing enough interest." he said rubbing his beard, "Try to talk to her face to face when you get back and see if it can be fixed."

"She always so damn busy." He shot the ball, making it.

"Now you know how they feel."