Support

Friday, July 17th

"Sabrina!!" Meeka shouted as she hurried down the stairs of her and Bobby's home. The couple's 5 bedroom 6 bath house sat right off the Mississippi River.

"Meek!" Sabrina squealed as Meeka nearly tackled her in a hug.

Releasing Sabrina from her embrace, she next hugged Nick. "Hey cousin. I missed you." She told him. Patting his back and holding him tight. She knew he needed to feel love and support right now.

"I missed you too, Meek meek."

"Papa bear, take the luggage and show Nick where the room is. Imma take Brina with me to the store." Meeka told her husband.

Before either of the men could say anything more, the women were out the door.

Once in BJ's Escalade on the main road, the women spoke freely. "Sabrina, you too real for havin' Nick's back. Imma tell you that."

"I feel horrible moving on with my life, and Nicholas is suffering," Sabrina confessed, fully relaxing into the leather seat.

"Nuh-uh. Don't do that. After all the shit Nick did to you when y'all was together, you don't owe him shit. Karma come round, whether we like it or not."

Sabrina nodded, listening and trying to shake off the feelings of guilt. She knew Meeka was right, but it didn't hurt any less.

"So, tell me about your fiancé. Mr. Walker. You know I heard about it." Meeka asked.

Sabrina couldn't hide the smile that spread across her face, if she wanted to, "You mean my husband. We married."

"Whennnn?" Meeka shouted.

"Last week." Sabrina giggled, showing off her ring. "We had a small ceremony with our families and a few friends." She went into her phone and showed a few photos of the event.

Sabrina and Amir signed their marriage license with Sabrina's parents and Amir's mother and uncle, then the following day, they held their ceremony at a vineyard in Malibu as the sun set.

Meeka briefly took her eyes off the road to see the pictures as Sabrina swiped through them, "Awwww, my girl a wife now. I love that for you, mama."

Sabrina was on cloud nine, "I know it seems like things happened fast, but no. That man showed me, that nobody else's timing matters but God's. From day one Amir showed me who he was, and made sure I knew his intentions every step of the way. That man stands tall on his word with action times ten." She explained, still smiling, "When it comes to me, everything he does has so much love, consideration, and compassion."

"How long was ya'll seeing each other?"

"We got married exactly 6 months from the day we met. Actually, I met him the day before Bj and Nick's game against each other."

"Sound like a long time to me." She laughed, "What does Nick think about it?"

"He doesn't know we got married. The engagement set him off so I'm scared to tell him. In Nick's eyes, Amir swooped in and stole his family away." Sabrina shook her head, nervously fidgeting with her hands.

"Nick gave up his family for the streets. Can't take that back. He need to stay off them blogs, and stop listenin to that girl, gettin his lil feelins hurt."

"Those pages hurt my feelings, hell. They used to stay tagging me in shit with him and Lauren."

"And where is she at? Nowhere to be found while he going through it." Meeka scoffed. "How's Chantelle? I miss her crazy self." She asked as they arrived at the grocery store.