I got you

Wednesday, March 4,

"How you feelin'?" Amir asked over the FaceTime.

"Fine." Sabrina replied typing away on her computer. She'd been in a mood and being short with Amir for days. He didn't like it but he kept trying to get her to open up. He hated that their relationship was starting like this.

"You ain't tryna talk to me?" He finally asked, deciding to be straightforward.

"I am talking to you." She said with an attitude.

"Aight." He said into the phone and sat it down on the dresser. He walked into his closet and grabbed a hoodie and pulled it over his picked-out afro while slipping his socked feet into his Nike slides.

Sabrina wasn't pay attention to what he was doing until she heard his keys jingle. She frowned her face up in confusion. "What you doin?" She asked.

Amir didn't respond her so she stared at the phone screen and watched him walk down his hallway before getting into the elevator. Once he climbed in his car, she got angry because why would he be leaving the house this late? It was almost eleven and he had a flight in the morning.

"Amir, where you goin?" She squealed into the phone. "Fine. If you not gon answer me, imma hang up."

Amir deadpanned the camera as his sat his phone on the mount to start driving.

A few minutes later, he pulled up to a drive-thru and muted the phone so she couldn't hear him ordering food.

Sabrina laid in the bed, silently watching him. Once she saw him receive his food she relaxed realizing he just went to get himself something to eat. He drove some more before finally unmuting the phone.

"I'm comin' up." He said putting the car in park.

"Up where?"

He climbed out the car holding his keys and phone in one hand and a cup and bag of food in the other as he walked across the street and up to her building. He didn't respond to her question as he clicked the buttons for her unit's buzzer on her lobby door.

When her phone line beeped with a call from her lobby door she realized where he was. She answered the call, ending the FaceTime, and pressed 9 to buzz him in.

"Crap!" She leaped out the bed and rushed into the bathroom to look at herself. She frowned at her enlarged period breasts and bloated midsection. Before she could go in the closet and change, her phone rang on the bed.

"Come open the door for me." Amir said on the other end.

She rushed to the front door and took a deep breath before opening it. She tried to keep her attitude as she stared at him standing there holding a bag of food and a milkshake.

"Can I come inside?" He asked. Sabrina nodded her head silently. He walked in and used his foot to close the door behind him. Once he placed the food on her counter he turned around and opened his arms, motioning her over.

Sabrina fell into his arms and started to cry.

"What's wrong wit my baby?" His voice cooed in her ear. She didn't say anything she just held him closer.

He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around him as he walked them to her couch. He sat down with her in his lap and she buried her face in his hoodie.

He quietly rubbed circles in her back as she began to calm down.

After a few minutes of silence, he said, "I brought you some food."

"Thank you." She said, keeping her face buried.

"Will you talk to me, now?"

She shook her head no.

"You still upset about the other day?" He asked and she hid her face some more.

When Sabrina had spent the night at Amir's place over the weekend, she'd started her cycle in the middle of the night. No matter how many times Amir told her it was okay, Sabrina wasn't hearing it. She was too embarrassed.

"I'm not mad at you, so you shouldn't be mad at your body. Your period is a normal thing. So what if you bled on the sheets. It's sheets. I already washed them. But if it bothers you that much, I can buy more."

"It usually don't start early like that." She finally said something.

"Aight, so I knocked that shit down a lil early, ain't nothin' wrong wit that." He chuckled. He lifted her face so she could look at him. "You my baby and I got you. You got your period, at least you know you not pregnant, cuz I was shooting that shit up."

She gave him a weak smile.

"You feel better?" He asked and she nodded. "Good, drink your milkshake before it melts."

Sabrina drank her shake and ate her burger then they shared the fries before they cuddled in bed. Once Sabrina was asleep, Amir left since he needed to get ready for his flight.

When Sabrina woke up in the morning, she saw that Amir had texted her.

Gm baby
I'll text when my flight lands.
Have a good day for me.

She smiled reading his message and laid back down realizing her pillows smelled like him. The girl couldn't believe she was so far gone.

She climbed off her bed and took a shower in a better mood. She picked out her outfit for the day and went to wake Niko.

"Bye papa. Love you." She said to Niko as he ran off into the classroom.

"Love you mommy." He shouted back before hooking his backpack in his cubby and going to play with his friends.

Sabrina's phone rang as she climbed inside the SUV. She answered the call from Chantelle,"What's up boo." She answered.

"You wanna go to lunch today?" Chantelle invited.

"Girl, yes"

Chantelle laughed after Sabrina was done telling her story, "So let me get this straight, first you let him shoot the club up, he knocked your cycle down early, and then he brought you food because you was being mean to him."

"Is that all you took from that?" Sabrina rolled her eyes, sipping her lemonade.

"The man is perfect for you honestly. Emotional ass Cancers go great with romantic ass Taurus for some reason."

"He's too freaking romantic to be 23, I know that. I've never experienced anyone like him and we've only been talking for almost two months."

"I like it. His only red flag, according to you, is his profession. He doesn't seem like a narcissist. He's just..."

"Passionate. Which he did tell me from the beginning." Sabrina finished her friend's sentence.

"Who knew Sabrina would find her a lover boy in a young Chicago nigga. In a minute they gon be askin' for your prayer, not Ciara's."

Sabrina cackled, "Girl bye."