Chapter 12.1- Mid-Autumn Festival

Qi Yunruo waited for a long while for Su Ge to return, waited until the rumble of his stomach grew all the more audible. Coupled with the fact he had skipped his afternoon nap, to say he was exhausted wouldn't be a lie.

Li Chen was currently speaking business with his advisers. That Qi Yunruo was still waiting had slipped Su Ge's mind. Upon arriving at the main chamber, they stood there still, surprised by the youth's appearance. Su Ge was quick to react. "Young Master Little Qi has yet to eat?"

Qi Yunruo nodded. With a smile, Su Ge went to prepare for the evening meal.

Once Li Chen sat down, a maidservant brought over a basin of warm water. He washed his face and said, "In addition to what Su Ge ordered, add a few extra dishes for these gentlemen."

"Understood."

Hands cleansed and dried, Qi Yunruo made his way to sit at a desolate side of the table. He sneaked a peek at Li Chen. Fatigue hung on his face as he leaned against the backrest of his chair.

"I'll help you change clothes," said Qi Yunruo.

"Alright." Li Chen rose to his feet for the inner chamber, the youth following suit. The maidservants prepared loose cotton robes. For a moment, Qi Yunruo gazed at the man before him while standing at the side. Then he knelt to the floor to help him remove his boots, exchanging them for cloth sandals.

"You came to find me?"

At the sound of his voice, Qi Yunruo looked up. "Yes, to get your key to the treasury."

Li Chen thought for a while about what Qi Niqun had said prior. About the matter regarding Qi Yunruo managing the estate. A smile suddenly bloomed on his lips. "How is everything so far?"

He told him the same thing he had told Su Ge. "Although it's a lot of work, it's interesting."

Li Chen's smile grew as he took in the image of Qi Yunruo. The eyes of the youth shone with joy. His fondness apparent.

By the time they returned to the table outside, Li Chen already felt as if the stress and pressure weighing down on him prior had lessened. Then he noticed the dishes set out on the table.

"Why aren't there any radish strips?"

Su Ge bitterly smiled. "Nowadays Her Highness, the princess consort, and Secondary Consort Wei are both fond of this dish, eating it for all three meals. For this reason, the chefs focus on bringing this dish to the two's residences. This slave has already instructed those responsible that from tomorrow forward, they must purchase more radishes to pickle."

Quick as lightning, Qi Yunruo said, "I also like this dish."

Li Chen nodded. That the two women were pregnant gave him joy. The more children, the greater the fortune. He hoped that his sons would grow into outstanding men. That he would see his beautiful daughters marry into outstanding families.

He glanced at his companion. Saw that the other's appetite was hearty. Larger than what Li Chen had seen of Qi Yunruo in the past.

Su Ge stood to the side, expression subtle. Back then, Li Chen did not spend the night at Qi Yunruo's room. After he had moved out, Li Chen also did not visit. Yet their interactions seemed to point to a closer relationship.

Once the two had sated their hunger, owing to Li Chen's desire to exercise, Li Chen personally went to unlock the door to the treasury. Then he called for people to help carry a few chests of silver for Qi Yunruo. After he had sent off the youth, Li Chen took a stroll to Beautiful Forest.

"Should this slave go ahead to announce Your Highness' arrival?" asked Su Ge.

Li Chen shook his head. "No need. I just want to have a chat with Ji Huan. Previously, you said that Consort Ji had invited Ji Huan to speak?"