Chapter 35- Stratagem

Li Yao, who stood at the center of the conflict, was currently sharing a secret conversation with Bo Ge. They were very civil throughout. She took her time pouring him tea and Bo Ge thanked her. Brought it close to his face to take in its fragrance.

“Princess, what kind of tea is this?”  

A light smile graced Li Yao’s lips. “It’s difficult to preserve new tea leaves. The ones brought over are mostly bricks of tea. This is Kangcha.”

“My people often use bricks of Fucha. I’m slowly growing tired of it. Is Princess used to this tea?” asked Bo Ge.  

“The taste of Fucha is rich. Warms the stomach and nourishes the body. I’ve always liked it.”  

Bo Ge smiled. Their conversation drew to a close.

“Since this is the case, may the Eldest Prince inform Prince Chun not to lead his men out,” said Li Yao.

Bo Ge nodded. “Of course. After the situation has calmed, I can arrange for Princess to meet with your younger brother, and personally inform him of our alliance.”

For a moment, Li Yao’s hands trembled. Then she said with indifference, “That’s not necessary. In the next couple of days, I will finish writing a letter. After Prince Chun sees it, he will naturally understand.”  

Gaze falling upon her, Bo Ge nodded. “Alright.”  

He was different from his proud Royal Father and Second Brother. From start to finish, Bo Ge did not believe the Qiang people could successfully invade Yushu Pass, and take over the Han people’s land. He also did not believe that those from Xinyuan County had good intentions. In his opinion, as the Qiang people and the Great State of Kang fought and accrued casualties, Xinyuan Country would swallow them up. Royal Father found him cowardly, and thought more highly of Bo Tu Ke. Bo Ge realized that whether his Royal Father or Second Brother succeeded or failed, his Royal Father’s heir would not be him. Bo Tu Ke was ferocious and ruthless. The Western Owl tribe were his solid supporters. If Bo Ge did not act, the next-in-succession Bo Tu Ke could either have him killed or expelled from the royal capital.  

At this moment, Bo Tu Ke had done a big favor for him. by angering Prince Chun into leading troops to battle. He also did not want the Han princess, giving such a big opportunity to make ties with the Great State of Kang to himself. If Bo Ge did not use this opportunity, he would be a fool.  

To his pleasant surprise, the Han princess was intelligent and shrewd, and the two did not waste time getting straight to the point, reaching a consensus. Finally Li Yao broke into a full-fledged smiled. “I remember that Qin’er is with the Eldest Prince. Has she been well these years?”

A proud smile spread across Bo Ge’s lips. “She gave birth to two very strong sons.”  

Li Yao nodded, a pleased expression painting her face. Most of her maid servants had been separated from her. She only knew a bit of what was happening with Qin’er and some others. Many of them had died. The fact that Qin’er was able to give birth to two sons as a slave was already phenomenal. Unconsciously, Li Yao glanced at Wang’er. Sighed in her heart. She was just like duckweed: rootless. What could she do for Wang’er?

Yushu Pass, the leading general’s tent.

Currently, there were only three people inside in discussion: Zhao Weidu, Si De, and Li Chen.  

“If everything succeeds, it would be killing three birds with one stone,” said Li Chen, light and calm.   

Sitting in a chair, Zhao Weidu hesitated for a moment before saying, “No, Your Highness. I will lead men out of Yushu Pass. You will remain here and catch the spies.”